Cab windscreen blinds

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Can anyone advise the maker of the pull up windscreen blinds that operate by first raising a collapsible arm each side of the screen and then raising the concertina screen blind within the two channels thus created please as some friends want to get one and I can't find it on Google. Thanks.

As they fold down to the dash rather than to the windscreen pillars and as they do not have a top rail that protrudes below the top of the windscreen they leave more visibility than the current crop of Remis sideways concertina blinds.

He does not want side window blinds as these too restrict views out and can make using the drivers door mirror quite tricky depending on the drivers seat position.

Many thanks.

Guest Tracker

Thanks Don - that's what I thought - they must have been too simple, too well made and too effective to survive modern progress where form seems far more important than function then!

Professor Sodde's law applies as ever was!

I have some to the front and side windows. There were the Remis prototypes and had been fitted to an Auto-Sleeper demonstration van. I was lucky that Charles Trevelyan sold them to me at a good discount. I think they are wonderful although they do not quite cover the whole screen as the reversing camera screen stops them. I get over this problem with a long French bread bag draped across the top - not very elegant but effective. This design is useful if you want a little privacy during the daytime or to keep the sun out.

I contacted Remis about one of the side blinds that was not closing properly with a view to obtaining a replacement magnet. He could not help me with this problem and was not very interested but he did give me the tip to never leave them closed when the vehicle is laid up.

Patricia

Have you tried puttimg down the sun visors? when the blind is up. We find this covers the gap, as our review mirror stops the blind going fully up, and don't want to keep taking it off Also if you are parked close to an overhead light, I find a tea towel will cover the tiny gap around the rw mirror

PJay - 2008-10-17 11:59 PM

Patricia

Have you tried puttimg down the sun visors? when the blind is up. We find this covers the gap, as our review mirror stops the blind going fully up, and don't want to keep taking it off Also if you are parked close to an overhead light, I find a tea towel will cover the tiny gap around the rw mirror

Hi Pauline,

How much can you see in your internal rear view mirror I thought it would be not a lot in most motorhomes.

Our screens go right to the top as we don't have a mirror or reversing camera.

Don

Patricia - 2008-10-17 10:04 PM

I contacted Remis about one of the side blinds that was not closing properly with a view to obtaining a replacement magnet. He could not help me with this problem and was not very interested but he did give me the tip to never leave them closed when the vehicle is laid up.

Hi Patrica,

Did Remis give any reason for not leaving them closed when the van is laid up.

We don't lay our van up but I would be interested in any info.

We got our blinds in June 2003 when they first come on the market and they are still going strong although I could see a ham fisted person might have problems with them.

Don

No,Don, sorry he didn't say why as far as I remember. In fact he was quite sharp with me so it wasn't really a tip, rather an order! At the time I assumed it was like caravan blinds which they say should never be left down but I think that is because of the springs in them. Of course the Remis blinds do not have springs so I assume it must be to protect the material from the ultra violet light. When in very sunny climes (not this year!) I always put the outside blinds on (which Siver Screens also advise never to do for long periods because of damage to the windscreen!). However, I think buying these blinds was definitely one of our best decisions.

PJay - 2008-10-17 11:59 PM

Patricia

Hi Pjay,

We have these blinds on our 2006 Swift Lifestyle - No need to keep taking the mirror off, if you push the rearview mirror so its parellel to the windscreen, you will find the screen will pull up over the mirror, if you gently ease it out in the middle top. Hope this makes sense.

Guest Tracker
Rapido-lass - 2008-10-20 8:37 AM

We fitted a set of Remis blinds - front and side on our last van. They worked very well. We kept them when we changed motorhomes, as they were expensive to buy and will sell them when we can work out e-bay!

I've sent you a pm and if you would like to sell the blinds and they will fit a pre 2007 Boxer/Ducato cab windscreen please let me know either on this thread or by pm (personal message). Many thanks.

Archived