Fiat Ducato heaters

Guest John Kirby

Guest John Kirby
Hello can anyone help with advice we have a 3 year old Ducato 2 litre & have had problems with the heater controls. The first time they were replaced under warranty and now the heat conrol is not working it has come detached from the cable. My local Fiat agent has quoted over £360 to solve as they say it labour intensive the last time it only took one hour as i waited while it was repaired. Has anyone any thoughts. J.K

Hello John, Is this the rotary control in the centre with the Blue and Red semi circle? If so I had the same problem and it took my local Fiat dealer approx 40 minutes (under warranty) while I waited. It became stiff to operate then went loose and would not then change the heat setting which in my case was set at half way on hot. Regards, Mike C

Guest Brian Kirby
Hello namesake! I think you should go back to the dealer and point out that this is a reocurrance of a problem that was not properly rectified under warranty. Clearly, not all Fiat heater controls fall off, or we'd all know about it. Seems you have an uncommon, but not unknown, problem that was inadequately fixed first time around. As you notified the problem within the warranty period, and assuming it is the same problem arising again, it should still be repaired under the warranty. Good luck Brian

Archived