Personal heath insurance for travelling abroad

Coachman

One year i wrote on the C&CC insurance form that i was taking anti inflamortory pill and they put the charge up a further £40. After a knee and shoulder replacement and blood pressure pills i dare not ask them how much now . Talking to my GP , he said that all my medication has got every thing under controll so why would they put a premium on the insurance , Surely most people of 70 plus are taking something so why do these companies rip us off. (?)

Guest Tracker

Do they need a reason to rip us off then - I thought it was normal to be penalised for being honest!

Anyone on medication for any known condition should, by virtue of the condition being known and treated, be a lower risk than an undiagnosed person who has not seen a doctor for years and has no known conditions at any age let alone a senior age?

Now Rich a man of wise words...shame the world is back to front aint it .

life sucks nothing for being honest ...anyway i suppose you could look at it another way .its £721 for us to take the little one out th country each trip they wont offer annual. Now count your lucky stars .

Pastiche - 2008-10-21 5:47 PM

One year i wrote on the C&CC insurance form that i was taking anti inflamortory pill and they put the charge up a further £40. After a knee and shoulder replacement and blood pressure pills i dare not ask them how much now . Talking to my GP , he said that all my medication has got every thing under controll so why would they put a premium on the insurance , Surely most people of 70 plus are taking something so why do these companies rip us off. (?)

Interesting the CC&C should slap an extra premium on. We always use the Caravan Club Red Pennant and the way they handle it is for you to do an assessment over the phone. I also take pills for blood pressure and Margaret has type 2 diabetes for which she takes medication. Having gone through the assessment we were accepted with no additional premium and these conditions are covered by the policy. We are both younger so whether that and the fact that you have had joint replacements is the reason.

David

Hi Tracker.

Have you considered getting a quote from SAGA. I Have used them for the last few years and have been more than satisfied with the pemium, works out even better if you use the multi trip rather than the single "one off", costs nowt to ask!

regards

Phil

There was an article in the May 2008 issue of MMM specifically about Travel Insurance, which listed, on page 196, 10 companies offering insurance to over 70s with PEMC. One of them even covered over 90s with PEMC (Pre-Existing Medical Conditions). (OK, yes, I writed the articul!)

I have since discovered that the free travel insurance that you get with a Capital One World Mastercard has no exclusions for PEMC. But, of course, you do need to get a card (it gives you 1% back on all purchases (4% for the first 3 months)). There is no charge for the card, but to qualify for the travel insurance, you must pay 75% of travel and accommodation costs using the card and the maximum single trip limit is 60 days.

Mel E

====

Archived