Burstner motorhomes 1998-2005 - Window problems

Derek Uzzell

The October 2008 issue of the French motorcaravan magazine " Le Monde du Camping-Car" includes an article about a joint campaign between Burstner and the acrylic-window manufacturer Polyplastic to check the security/integrity of Polyplastic windows fitted to Burstner motorhomes built from 1998 to 2005. Apparently there have been cases of the bond between the inner and outer 'panes' failing on windows that have been exposed to very strong sunlight.

If you own a 1998-2005 Burstner, then I strongly suggest you visit Polyplastic's website (www.polyplastic.nl) as soon as possible. The website carries full details of the campaign, how you can identify whether your motorhome's windows need checking, what the repair procedure involves, FAQs, etc.

Thanks Derek.

Just been on their website and checked my van and it is not affected.

Easy to check. Go to polyplstic website, click on aftersales and dropdown box, repair procedure, and you can enter your chassis number and it is checked automatically.

Mike H.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just had a letter from Burstner telling me of the recall of my van due to a window problem. Rather than replace the windows they are going to put a screw at each corner of all the windows. They say they will contact me at some time in the future with details of when and where I may have the work done. So, Burstner owners, look out for a letter and if you have bought your mh second hand I suggest that you contact Burstner direct quoting your chassis number and asking them to include you on their recall list.

Archived