How much???????? to Morrocco

AnnPaul

:-( :-( :-(

How much does cost on the ferry to get to Morocco??????? We have been reading several articals on Morocco and have e-mails from others that have travelled there. The prices differ from about £150 to about £450 return Motorhome and two adults. I have been told the best price tickets can be obtained from Carlos behind the Carrafour Supermarket!! Any one down that way who can let us have the up to date prices please. We thought the channel was expensive to cross but it's only about 10 miles across to morocco.

Paul and Ann

I posted this a couple of days ago...it is still on second page under Moroccan Ferries......

Just back from our October Moroccan Tour...........

Quoted ferry prices for Jan [return] are around 260.00 pounds for Mhome less than 6mts. Be aware that some of the cheap "Offers" are being picked up by the check-in staff.....you loose what you have already paid and have to pay correct price [or more] to continue.....saw 3 Mhome owners caught by this on their return crossing yesterday!

Still no insurance at border.

It should clear by New Year but be aware of unpredictable weather inland [where most solo Mhomes do not go anyway!]. Since mid-Sept the worst rain in over 30 years have left vast areas devastated by floods, from Tetoune in North too Er Racidir/Tinerhir/Zagora in south. Many roads were wrecked and a few key bridges down. Homes gone and over 30 deaths reported. We saw one Mhome [French] on its side due to flash-flood across road on the Essaouira-El Jadida coast road a couple of days ago. Atlantic Coast MWay OK but some mud.

But like I said that lot should be cleared by new year.........If you venture inland during winter months you should seek local and ahead knowledge......With re-routing and scheduling our group missed it all!!!! The good old days of predictable weather [good or bad] have long gone.

But don't be put off, Morocco is a fantastic destination......Just be aware.......We [Desert Detours] are back over there again during Nov and Dec......latest Info/help is free.....Just ask.

PS

Just be aware of cheap ferry tickets........chances are they are not valid. Many agents are still selling residents [Cueta] discounted tickets and day-returns [without date]. But comp tec is picking these up at check-in, often on return leg, and you are left with paying a hefty one-way......You pay the price or take the chance!

Hi Andy C

With our volume of ticket purchases for our tours we now are an "Agent" in our own right and deal direct with ferry operators......

To be honest we have had problems, one way or another, with ALL the booking agents we have used in the past........that has to be sorted behind the scenes [often at great cost to ourselves].......Hence we are now in control, ferry costs are set and included in our prices and clients have piece of mind.

Ray

Guest Tracker

Just had a look at Ray's website - Desert Detours - and this looks like a real fun holiday destination with just about enough gentle 'adventure' allied to experience and group safety - ideal for us motor home softies!

Anyone else interested - we might get a block booking and a discount (my favourite word) - you never know!

detourer - 2008-10-23 2:06 PM

With our volume of ticket purchases for our tours we now are an "Agent" in our own right and deal direct with ferry operators......

Sounds like a good idea, do you sell to anyone or only to your clients?

Andy_C

Guest Tracker

Does anyone have any experience of getting van insurance and breakdown cover for Morocco please as we hope to go on one of Ray's tours next year.

Thanks.

Hi Andy

We used to offer tickets to "Non-Clients" but as we are not based near the port it is a bit of a problem........but we will help when possible and if those that want a ticket are around port near the time we depart, OK. BUT, we do not offer the cheaper "Risky" tickets.

Guest Tracker

My current Broker, MCIA / Lifesure are unable to offer cover for Morocco via my current Insurers NIG and have graciously allowed me to cancel their policy with only a very small admin charge - after something of a long and 'interesting' telephone 'discussion' with their manager!

Cover can now been rearranged with Norwich Union via Comfort for much about the same cost as NIG but who will cover Morocco for a very reasonable, I thought, £17.50 for up to month.

There is no ill feeling towards MCIA and we parted on good terms thus leaving the door open for me to return at a later day, and all credit to them for doing the decent thing when they are unable to fulfil the customer's needs.

Just leaves breakdown cover to source!

To AnnPaul

Hi Carlos has always been the best deal in tickets for us in the last 8 years the most we have paid is 225 euros but last year it was only 100 euros return and that is the motorhome towing the car also most of the French and German moterhomers all go to him and there is nothing risky with his tickets infact at times he will take you to the port if you are unsure and he is a genuine guy infact last year there was 25 vans all got their tickets the same time as us but at the end of the day its up to you regards pedro

Guest Tracker

Another twist to this strange tale!

Just before I set up the Comfort deal Safeguard phoned me and I obtained cover for the same price but with up to a month in Morocco free and full AA breakdown and recovery for all of Europe (but not Morocco!) thrown in as part of their package. Sounds fair enough to me!

So, Safeguard it is then!

Tracker - 2008-10-27 4:44 PM

Another twist to this strange tale!

Just before I set up the Comfort deal Safeguard phoned me and I obtained cover for the same price but with up to a month in Morocco free and full AA breakdown and recovery for all of Europe (but not Morocco!) thrown in as part of their package. Sounds fair enough to me!

So, Safeguard it is then!

Hi Rich,

Did you confirm with Safeguard that the Green Card cover for Morocco is an extension of your fully comp cover.

Some insurers Green Cards are only for third party cover.

Don

Tracker - 2008-10-24 4:39 PM

Does anyone have any experience of getting van insurance and breakdown cover for Morocco please as we hope to go on one of Ray's tours next year.

Thanks.

Tracker, we went with Ray (Desert Detours) last year went to places you certainly would not go or find on your own, Rays knowledge is invaluable, the whole tour is full of interest would go again next year but Greece is on the cards for us but would certainly strongly recommend going with Ray rather than on your own. Got our insurance with Comfort they do Morocco no trouble, also use them for household insurance as they cover you for 120 day away from home always find them very helpful if I need to speak to them on the phone, drop me a pm anything else. Carol.

Guest Tracker
Tracker - 2008-10-27 5:02 PM

I am sure she said it was for full cover Don, but I will ask again to be sure.

Thanks for the tip.

Just phoned Safeguard and a very helpful chap confirmed that cover for Morocco is the same as the full UK/Europe cover and he is issuing me a green card for 30 days from 7th February 2009 and all for no additional charge. Now THAT'S what I call service!

Archived