personal 2nd imports from germany

Guest terry

i am looking at importing a second-hand motorhome from Germany. i expect it will be around 15 years old. i know i can purchase temporary reg plates and insurance but do i need to tell customs and excise or any other authorities? obviously i will have to register at my local dvla office. any advice would be gratefully recieved. thanks for looking

Guest Derek Uzzell
I strongly advise you to obtain Mel Eastburn's comprehensive fact sheets on this subject. Searching the forum on "Buying from Germany" (omitting the quotes) will retrieve a posting of 11/10/2005 that contains Mel E's contact details. Best small investment you'll ever make.

Or, to save the search, you send an sae (C5 size) together with a cheque (at least £5) payable to my favourite charity (MacIntyre Care), an organisation that provides for children and adults with severe learning difficulties, to: M Eastburn Fact Sheet c/o MMM PO Box 88 TIVERTON EX16 7ZN Mention that you want to buy in Germany and you'll also get the 'Buying in Germany' supplement.

Archived