reflective jackets

trickydicky

Interesting question about the colour of the vest you tend to see maintenance workers aboard wearing orange and emergency workers wearing yellow. We happen to carry one yellow vest and one orange vest, I used to virtually wear them all the time when I was visiting a construction site. its just a carry over for me.

Halfords stock all that is required for continental travel. Jackets,Bulb kits and lens convertors. Though not exactly part of this thread the first aid kit should be to DIN 13164. This DIN number is compulsory in Germany.

Safe Travels and remember memories are for ever.

The question of the correct colour for a reflective jacket was raised during an earlier 'Driving Abroad' discussion. See:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12785&posts=54

The thread is long and became 'emotional', but it's still well worth reading. For those that haven't the time or inclination, I'll repeat my comment that, for a reflective jacket to be approved abroad, it should bear the marking "CE" and a reference to "EN-471" or "EN-1150".

When I was in France a fortnight ago I noticed that, although most jackets on sale were yellow, RED reflective jackets were being offered in one supermarket. Checking the labelling on these showed that they carried the appropriate CE/EN marking. Prices varied considerably from shop to shop (about 3 euros was the cheapest I came across) and one supermarket was selling for under 8 euros a zipper-pouch containing a reflective jacket and a reflective triangle. Jackets and triangles were also readily available on the ferry, but understandably not at a bargain price.

As a reflective jacket is such a simple thing to make, it's improbable that any jacket on general sale will fail to conform to the CE/EN requirements mentioned above. Essentially, whatever safety-jacket you buy, irrespective of its colour, is going to satisfy the relevant EU regulations.

Basil - 2008-10-26 2:02 PM

Excellent company to deal with and quick on delivery, ordered 1500 arrived next day 0900.

Bas

Wow Basil ... why do you need so many ? You ordered 1500 and on arrival next day you only got 900 ... what do you need them all for and have you claimed for the 600 lost ones yet????? :D ;-)

Mel B - 2008-10-27 8:22 PM

Basil - 2008-10-26 2:02 PM

Excellent company to deal with and quick on delivery, ordered 1500 arrived next day 0900.

Bas

Wow Basil ... why do you need so many ? You ordered 1500 and on arrival next day you only got 900 ... what do you need them all for and have you claimed for the 600 lost ones yet????? :D ;-)

Nice one!! LoL! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Archived