Carado Motorhomes

newportshrops

I've not heard that and GOOGLE-ing doesn't seem to retrieve anything about it. What's your source, please?

(Does Brownhills still have a Carado agency? If not, I could perhaps understand why they might not be in a position to carry out warranty work for this marque. Carado's own website still shows Brownhills as their UK agent, but that doesn't necessarily mean much nowadays.)

I was at Brownhills early October and they were still selling new Carado's then.

They also had 2 on their stand at the NEC show.

So I think they are still a UK distributor.

Was the van purchased from Brownhills ? If so, your contract is with them & they ARE responsible for Warranty work. If it is the base vehicle problem they would refer you to a Ford dealer.

Have they given you a reason for not carrying out the Warranty work.

If you purchased the Van elsewhere, Brownhills could take the stance that the Supplying Dealer should carry-out the Warranty work.

newportshrops:

Your choice of course, but it would still be worth knowing how and where you gained the impression that Brownhills weren't honouring Carado warranties. If you can't or won't provide this information, then it might be wise for the forum to assume it has no foundation.

There are enough real problems at the moment regarding company financial difficulties and motorhome warranty-related issues without adding unsubstantiated rumour into the mix.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike.

It sounds like there has been a misunderstanding here. After the company's restructure, Brownhills ceased to hold agencies for certain Continental-European motorhome marques (eg. TEC and Hobby). This meant that 'New Brownhills' would no longer be in authorised to perform mandatory conversion servicing (eg. damp tests) or carry out under-warranty conversion repairs for those makes of motorhome. Perhaps the Carado brand has been confused with those marques.

• 1 month later...
sorry to enter your chat re carado when what I want to say is beware of what anybody says about warranty. The industry is in a mess because there is no trust anymore. Sales people and others are willing to tell blatant lies either to avoid the subject or gain a sale. Brownhills (new) took money from me for a first annual habitation service and water ingress check on my Hobby van, stamping all the relevant documents. They sold me the idea of preserving the Hobby 24 month warranty and 5 year water ingress by paying them to do this annual work. Since making payment they have avoided doing anything and now seem to be saying it is for me to deal with Hobby direct(because they have an argument with Hobby over payment for work done). Your correspondence alarms me by saying Brownhills were not "authorised" to do such work after they lost the franchise. If true and they were not authorised to do such work, then. they obtained payment by deception and would be straying into the world of criminal responsibility. I fully agree rumour and unsubstantiated remarks must not be allowed to muddy the water.

Archived