Camping Card International (CCI)

enodreven

Hi,

Just thought i would mention that i only realised over the weekend that our CCi card had expired, and that I must congratulate the C&CC on their speedy service i ordered online Sunday Night and it has arrived this morning £4.95

If you haven't got one they are worth having as they can be used at campsites in place of your passport and a lot of camp[sites give you a discount for using it (5 - 10 %) albeit you can't normally combine this with other discount cards (Camping Cheques, ACSI Card Etc)

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/GeneralR.asp?id=86

Hope that helps

braunston - 2008-10-28 1:56 PM

But I am one of those people who doesn't believe anything is FREE

agreed, we've always paid up front for ours,

they are an excellent idea, even better with the odd discount thrown in, and - in my experience the date is rarely checked, we've used old ones before now.

We generally renew about every 15 months it all depends on the timing of the breaks.

As with most things tho, not a lot of use in the UK.

B-)

I think the big advantage is that you can use this to provide your check in details on site, and so don't have to spell out name address etc

mind you - since moving to a small village and just having a house name and village name - it causes some confusion whichever way we do it.

B-)

Clive - 2008-10-28 4:00 PM

Ours is probably 5 years old now but the details remain correct.

Haven,t been asked for it for at least 3 years in France!

I must have a trustworthy face??

C.

Like Clive, mine is years old but I have never been challenged on this and still use it on campsites. I have never been challenged on this.

Bit of recent experience from the Eastern end of Europe.

It is a good idea to make sure your first name, and not just your initials, are printed onto the card.  Saves time and mistakes.

Consider getting one each.  Many sites in Croatia, for example, would accept my card in lieu of my passport for registration, but still required Carole's passport.  Since some are not all that organised (or secure!) with their filing, having a second card in Carole's name would have been useful on a couple of occasions, and would, I was assured, have been completely acceptable to the site for registration purposes.  Much easier/cheaper than a lost passport!

Brian Kirby - 2008-10-29 11:33 AM

Bit of recent experience from the Eastern end of Europe.

It is a good idea to make sure your first name, and not just your initials, are printed onto the card.  Saves time and mistakes.

Consider getting one each.  Many sites in Croatia, for example, would accept my card in lieu of my passport for registration, but still required Carole's passport.  Since some are not all that organised (or secure!) with their filing, having a second card in Carole's name would have been useful on a couple of occasions, and would, I was assured, have been completely acceptable to the site for registration purposes.  Much easier/cheaper than a lost passport!

When we visited Slovenia and Croatia a couple of years ago one site asked for my passport and said they would keep it overnight and I could collect next morning - although we were staying several days.When I asked why they needed it overnight they said it was so they could take a copy. I told them I would rather not leave it with them and they said O.K. and did the copy straight away. So it might be worth taking a few copies with you to that area as they may be acceptable.As for the CCI - although the details may be correct they do have an expiry date ( well mine have ) so it's worth having an up-to-date one, to avoid any possible problems. :-|Incidentally - when you get your CCI back from the reception make sure it's yours !I've seen people get the wrong one and not realise until their next site. :-(

malc d - 2008-10-29 12:19 PM

Clive - 2008-10-29 12:08 PM

What insurance??

I understand that the card gives you third party insurance cover on site.

( If it's a current card no doubt).

:-|

That's why we keep ours up to date - you never know ;-)

Archived