Gas bottle adaptor

Guest Graham Tooke

Guest Graham Tooke
Does anyone know where I could obtain an adaptor for the "Twinny" gas bottle in the UK. The bottle is readily available in France at all garages but with a new motor caravan an adaptor rather than a regulator is required, I think! Thanks.

Guest Derek Uzzell
The French gas containers TWINY, ELFI and MALICE (butane or propane versions) all use a 20mm clip-on connector. If your motorhome has the current UK gas set-up with a fixed, bulkhead-mounted regulator and high pressure hose connecting to the gas bottle, then the high pressure hose will need to have a female-threaded end suitable for screwing on to a Calor 4.5kg butane bottle. The adapter (and a range of various length high pressure hoses) is available from Gaslow agents (www.gaslow.co.uk) and is Part No: 01-1672. I believe the 20mm clip-on adapter is also used by some UK non-Calor gas suppliers, but I don't know which ones. (Caution: the clip-on adapter for Calor 7kg and 15kg butane bottles is 21mm, so is unsuitable for the French containers.) A high pressure hose suitable for a UK Calor 4.5 bottle also connects directly to the traditional French 13kg container. By the way, when you initially 'buy' one of these small Franch bottles. it's quite normal for the appropriate regulator or high pressure hose-adapter to be provided free of charge as part of the deal.

Archived