eden project

Guest neil whiting

Guest neil whiting
hi, could anyone tell me if they know of any campsites which are open near the eden project in cornwall. somewhere around 28th dec to 3rd jan many thanks neil w

Neil the Caravan Club site at Looe is now open all year. As to whether or not you would get in you would have to make enquiries before setting out. Good luck Docted

Last April we visited the Eden Project and stayed at Innis Inn which is about a 1 mile walk from the main entrance. The site has hotel accomodation and a fly fishery and is open all year. Details as follows. Innis Moor Penwithick St Austell Cornwall (East) PL26 8YH Tel: 01726 851162 Fax: 01726 852825 Pitches: 30 Open: Open All Year

The following is a very useful website for finding a campsite in a specific area, and generally lists not only the sites but also when they are open: www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Neal There are two sites nearby: 1. Penhaven Caravan Park which is actually right next door to the Eden Project, literally i minute away! 2. Pentewan Sands Holiday Park which is right on the coast with its own private beach. This is about 1 mile away and there is a public footpath across the fields that takes you to the door of the Eden Project (and Penhaven site!) I can't say if either are open at this time of the year and I don't have any contact details handy but I'm sure you could find out. Regards Neal

Guest Roy Hamilton
Neil, Pentewin Sands is definitely closed and I'm not sure what map Neal is using but I can tell you that this site is more like 6 miles away near Mevagissey and I certainly would not like to walk it. Contact St. Austell TIC and I'm sure they will be very helpful. 01726 879500

Roy We stayed at Pentewan Sands 3 years ago and walked the footpath to the Eden Project. It was about a mile or so but certainly NOT 6 miles! Believe me, I am not in the market for a 6 mile walk in blazing sunshine and about 26 degrees celsius! When we had done Eden we even ignored the service bus back and retraced our steps. Regards Neal

Guest David Powell
It is the 'Lost Gardens of Heligan' that are close to Pentewan Sands, not the Eden Project, I used to play in the lost gardens as a boy " they were never lost" we knew where they were.

Guest David Powell
You did the right thing to ignore the service bus to return to Pentewan Neal as it would have taken you via Mevagissey. You could have walked down the drive through the gardens, as the lower end comes out down by Pentewan. We kids used to sneak through there on our bikes as a short cut to Pentewan. The gardens were all over grown and abandoned in those days, but they are beautifully restored now, and have there own web sight.

Guest Roy Hamilton
Come on Neal Lets hear from you. I live in Par about 2 miles from Eden and I know where Pentewen Sands is. David is right. Unfortunatley I do not know much about the sites around here as I don't use them so I can't help Neil all that much that's why I suggested St Austell TIC.

Neil, Roy and others Yes, regression therapy and electric shock treatment has revealed that I am wrong (again)! It WAS the Lost Gardens of Heligan that we visited and NOT the Eden project. When we visited Eden we were camped at Padstow (believe it or not) and we used a number of service buses! Sorry to all for my confusion. Regards Neal

Try Doubletrees Farm at Blazey Gate just outside St Austell. Good site with modern facilities overlooking the Par estuary and 20 minutes walk fron EDEN but I am not sure when it closes. If you walk to Eden you used to get adiscount on entry fees. Mr and Mrs Retallick own it phone:01726 812266

Guest Roy Hamilton
OK Neal, THe lost Gardens and the Eden Project are both projects of the same Mr Smit so it's easy to muddle them up. Merry Christmas everyone.

Guest Keith T
Hi Neal - if you don't want to camp 'on the doorstep', there is excellent parking for Motorhomes at Eden, also at Heligan. For campsites more 'central for Cornwall, try Carnon Downs Caravan Site, near Truro, open all year, though I guess may be fulol XCmas/New Year. Its run by the family who used to have a 'Managed' Caravan Club site near Truro, and exc public transport to Truro and Falmouth. Have a good trip.

Keith Thanks for that. I turned up at the Truro CC site a few years ago and was astonished to find it had turned into a Matalan store. However, my wife was pleased! Regards Neal

Archived