First 9 week tour of France and Spain 2008

MotorhomeViews

• 1 month later...

Seasons Greetings All

In case I've missed anyone off the private messaging replies. I've been configuring a website of the tour with photos. the site is far from complete, but I'll try to finalise it and keep it updated.

if anyone would like to contribute by sending photos of aires , sites etc I will endeavour to upload them to my site if possible.

merry christmas, lets hope the battered pound doesn't fall any further or we'll not be able to afford another tour, although we have booked the P&0 ferry to Bilbao next March

Merry christmas and a happy new year

trev & pat

treveden - 2008-11-03 3:12 PM

Trev and Pat’s French adventure 2008

3 April – 4 June

Motorhome swift Suntor 580PR 2008

Friday 4th AprilMoved on to Chalons en Champagne, an Aire from the All the Aires in France book. It’s by the side of a working canal in the middle of the village and was beautiful and totally free. Water and waste available and just around the corner from a shop on the village square.

Sorry to come back to this early part of the initial post but I can't identify this aire. As Chalons-en-Champagne is a sizeable town the aire refered to is probably in one of the nearby villages. Was it Montreuil-sur-Ay?

Well Bruce, you may have guessed we are in Sunny North Notts , freezing our b***s off mate.

Not like you guys roasting in the mild 18's c, enjoying the strength of your euros against our daily devaluing pound. Well done bruce for escaping dropjaw Browns' daylight robbery over the last decade, or is it more? seems like eternity. Looking on the bright side , we have the Royal variety show tonight, can't go to the pub because it's shut down.

Anyway , get it warmed up for march, can't wait. Pat says the kids would never forgive us, if we went away for Christmas.

Seasons Greetings

trev

Exellent and informative log Trev. We have used some of the aires you mention and the Canal du Midi ones are special.

Just for your info. The airbourne trooper hanging from the church didn't actually die! He just played dead until the German troops left and was rescued by other U.S troops. He was profoundly deaf though from the bells ringing by his ears all night!! :-D

treveden - 2008-12-20 5:11 PM

Brian

Now have my Aires book back, (loaned to a friend for his trip).

It's the Marevil-sur-ay, in the Chalons-en-champagne region, page 76 marked with the asterisk, map ref: 9.

All The Aires France book .

Kind regards

trev

Thanks, Trev. Good to get a recomendation from someone who has actually stopped there. I may try it myself next year - only 3 weeks to go before departure day!

Archived