Fiat X250 problem with lights

Geoff Cole

On my way back to the IOM from France the blown bulb indicator lit up on the dash, The rear right hand tail lamp had blown. I replaced the bulb and it lit up then went out ,now both front and rear side lights on the right hand side are not working, all other lights are working as nomal as is everything else.

I cannot find a fuse for the side lights listed in the hand book any where except on the additional optional fuse box which on my model does not exist. I have tested the bulb and have checked the to see if there is a 12v supply to the righthand side lights which there is not. The question is are there fuses hidden somewhere,thats a secret or as everything is ECU controlled has this turned the right hand side off, in which case it will be a visit to the Fiat garage, so they can plug it into there box of tricks. Any Ideas.

Thanks Geoff

I have had a similar problem on my Burstner Solano the side running lights on the RH side kept blowing a fuse It came down to a short in the wireing since that was not accessable I rewired and bypassed the existing wireing.

For once we can't blame Fiat that fault was down to Burstner and the fuse concerned was in the control box/charger under the passanger seat.

Hope that is of some help.

Archived