Brixham

Guest Maureen Smith

Guest Maureen Smith
Does anyone know of, or can recommend, a site in or around Brixham? We are planning on visiting sometime in June 2006. Maureen.

Guest Brian Ramsden
The Caravan club managed sight (open to all) at Steamer Quay, Totnes is an excellent sight. Brixham is reasonably close, and you could even get there by boat and train from the Quay for a lovely day out. Brian

Guest Tony Goldby
The best site for Brixham is in my view Century Camping (perhaps the spelling of the site name is not quite right) but the spelling of "site" is! Totnes is too far away, you can easily walk down to Brixham town centre, but not so easily walk back!

Guest Keith T
There are two further Caravan Club sites - Hillhead, all singing-all dancing very near to brixham, or Ramslade, Paignton, not far away with the standard CC facilities in a lovely rural location.

The CC site at Hillhead is idealy positioned for both Brixham and nicer Dartmouth. I agree that it is not your usual CL type site but it is large enough to provide plenty of secluded areas. Have fun Ron

Just a point the campsite in Brixham is Centry. A very good position if you like walking as you are pratically on Berry Head and the coastal path.

If you are a member of the C&CC, they normally have a Temporary Holday site on the field beside Centry Park caravan site, around June time I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brian P
The Steamer Quay site in Totnes doesn't have electricity but it's really nice there.You can have a river cruise to Dartmouth from there.The bus service is very frequent to Torquay and you can cross by pleasure boat to Brixham, theres a 1/2 hr service each way on this boat.The site is only 5 mins walk to town ctr.I live just up the Rd.

Archived