Dethleffs Globebus

Poppy

Well I have to say that off hand I would not choose a van conversion. The La Strada products do look very nice though so might be worth a look. My preferred van (Fiat aside) is the Hymer 508 I think although we will continue looking. The euromobile Profila looks good.We can wait until 2010 if necessary to get the right thing.

Regarding La Strada's "Trento", this was an earlier forum posting about it.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8217&posts=5

I've seen quite a few panel-van conversions with longitudinal pull-down beds and all have required mountaineering skills to get into and out of them.

Poppy:

Eura Mobil's low-profile Profila is VERY wide (2.37m) and even the shortest P622SB model is 6.22m in length.

As I'm sure you are aware, at some stage you are going to have to bite the bullet and decide whether an A-Class design is a 'must have' - in which case your sub-6.0m-long non-Fiat choices are strictly limited - or whether an alternative body style is acceptable. A non-A-Class shape will offer a greater choice of chassis but (ignoring overcab designs) there's likely to be a conflict between overall length and interior space.

Guest JudgeMental
If you are looking at EuraMobil have a look at the low roof Terrestra models. Fully winterised with double floors etc....more expensive then the Profila's but a real step up from what you (and I) currently have.

I feel I should reply to couple of points raised against the La Strada, as poppy will be comparing it with the Globebus I, but I'm sure will check it out anyway. I have looked fairly closely at La Strada and Globebus Integrals at NEC and Peterborough, the Regent gives the impression of a much roomier layout than the Globebus, proboly due to being mid lounge, the washroom and galley are difinatly bigger. As for mel's problem with bed, we lowered and raise bed in Regent several times and did not notice anything ammiss. We looked at Globebus I as an alternative to PVC but where disapointed with the claustraphbic feel and lack of headroom above fixed bed in I1, the La Strada we stumbled across and where very impressed with layout and percieved build quality, but sadly the height and grp roof would not suit us.

Now does anyone at "La Strada, UK" want to give me a job. :D

Colin,

Although Mel B's earlier posting doesn't specifically name the La Strada model involved, there's no doubt it was a Ford-based Trento. I inspected a Trento at a Malvern Show shortly after her adventure and it was easy to see that, if one did what came naturally and pulled down the end of the bed as Mel had done, you could be in for a big surprise. I'm pretty sure the Regent's bed deploys differently.

If you are fond of Regent, then you might well approve of Concorde's "Compact". For details see

http://www.bluerent.cz/prospekty/concorde/compact_prospekt_cenik_en.pdf

Only available on a Ducato I'm afraid.

Archived