New Tyres Michelin Camper 215/75R160C

Guest Keith Wray

Guest Keith Wray
Good source for new tyres is Event Tyres. They will fit at your workplace or wherever you wish. I had four new tyres fitted to my Hymer 694G for £133 each vat inclusive. This was better than the £148 each from 2 leading sources and much better than the £250 each quoted by my dealer during it's service. They were good, efficient, courteous and checked my front ones, removing short nails that had not penetrated as well as swapping my apare all foc. www.eventmobiletyres.com

Guest Tony Goldby
I don't call that value for money. All I want to do is buy four tyres at a keen price, not shares in the company! The suggestion that swapping the spare etc was foc....well don't kid yourself there's no such thing. For that price I would want much more.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Tony: I'm certain it's possible to buy 215/75 R16C tyres much cheaper than the £133 all-in price Keith quotes, but these won't be Michelin XC Camping pattern. This tyre has unique characteristics and, because it's aimed solely at the relatively small motorhome market, it commands a high price. I doubt if you'd find this size of XC Camping much cheaper than £133 in the UK. The only time I've seen it suggested that XC Camping could be obtained at a bargain price was on this forum ages ago. Out of curiosity I checked with the tyre supplier mentioned but the price they quoted me was for a quite different Michelin tyre pattern. However, a quote of £250 per tyre is frankly exorbitant.

Guest John Dominy
Clive, Try www.blackcircles.com for your tyres, they will send them to you for self-fitting or arrange for them to be fitted at a depot of your choice. John

Guest Derek Uzzell
Clive: I think the tyres you want may not be available. If that is indeed the case, it's probably because all the light commercial vehicles that use the 225/70 R15C size have maximum axle-loadings that can easily be handled by an 8PR tyre. Michelin's January 2004 handbook shows XC Camping (supposedly a 10PR tyre marked as 8PR) in this size, but I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued since then.

Archived