FIAT

Mr. Grumpy

As only a fraction of Fiats production of vans go to make motorhomes, I am pretty confident that they wouldn't need to join this forum to address their customers.

Instead, they might be found on builders forums, parcel delivery chatrooms.

I think you will probably find it's just a username, after all Mr Grumpy, I don't suppose you are a little round purple man are you. *-)

Guest Tracker

Perhaps the moderators could check the FIAT membership registration and email address and confirm whether it appears to be genuine for us please?

Thanks.

Hi,

We are Customer Relations from Fiat UK. We are here to offer assistance to anyone requesting it. Also trying to highlight how customers can contact us.

Telephone - 00800 3428 0000 option 3

Email - customerrelations@fiat.com

Address -

Fiat House

240 Bath Road

Berkshire

SL1 4DX

Please feel free to contact us if you require any assistance.

Fiat UK - 2008-11-11 1:25 PM

Hi,

We are Customer Relations from Fiat UK. We are here to offer assistance to anyone requesting it. Also trying to highlight how customers can contact us.

Address -

Fiat House

240 Bath Road

Berkshire

SL1 4DX

Well as everyone else gets a welcome to this forum I think that you should too.

So welcome !

:-| :-|

Guest Tracker

That reply from FIAT tells us a lot about their approach to this issue doesn't it?

The speed of response suggests that they are monitoring this forum quite closely - although if that is the case I wonder why they have not replied to the very direct criticism - and why they have failed to give any definite and specific assurances to existing and potential buyers?

At least it is good that they are monitoring - I think - but it might be as well for those planning direct or unorthodox action to use the PM facility rather than the open forum?

Fiat UK - 2008-11-11 1:25 PM

Hi,

Address -

Fiat House

240 Bath Road

Berkshire

SL1 4DX

Welcome to the forum FIAT and thank you for the generous invitation to seek assistance from you. As my query will be of interest to quite a few members, I suspect, I will post it on here rather than use the contact details given above.

I, for one, have chosen not to purchase my recent replacement motorhome based on the new X250 chassis due to the well documented problem of reverse juddering (and water ingress) but decided to go for a model on the previous Ducato chassis. This was more to do with the conversion though rather than the chassis type.

I readily acknowledge the advances in the vehicle overall and would certainly be interested in a motorhome based on the new Ducato - BUT - only when a proper solution has been implemented. So, the one thing you could help me with right now is advice on when the reverse juddering problem will be rectified and, as I may have to replace my present vehicle with a second hand model, will any such rectification work be carried out to all existing vans as a recall?

Simple answers to these two queries will assist me greatly in planning how I should approach the replacement of my existing motorhome in the next two years.

Best regards, David

Its good Fiat have now joined a few forums and I I hope it will benifit motorhomers but we are still waiting for Peugeot to join, so that us with Peugeot based vans can have an internet point of contact.

Its seems as yet there is no reversing fix but Fiat are assuring their customers that they may have some help in the future.

I bought my motorhome new last September and we were going to buy a new Peugeot 308 a few weeks later but due to the water ingress problem and no postive help coming from Peugeot at the time I bought a new Ford Focus for my wife in Oct 2007.

The water ingress problem is now fixed but it took some time and effort on my part and Peugeot lost a new car sale because of this.

From reading a few forums it seems the reversing problem is stopping people buying new vans and some are selling nearly new vans because of this.

We need a reponse from both Fiat and Peugeot until then both these companies are losing sales on new vans and cars.

They need now to restore faith in their products give some help to the people who in the past helped them by buying their products.

I can assure you all that the postings on the forum by Fiat UK are genuine.

They have been monitoring this and other forums for months now, and after speaking to the Fiat staff member contributing to the forums and asking what they are willling to discuss on the forum I can only say that there is little point me asking the questions that matter as the staff at Fiat UK can only say what their bosses in Italy allow them to.

Guest Tracker

Gentlemen - it matters not who saw what and when as we know know that FIAT has been watching it all.

What we don't know is when, or even if, FIAT will react to allay the fears and suspicions of owners and potential owners?

Archived