Truma Combi Heaters

Guest RonB

I am receiving conflicting advice from Truma dealers (Truma Sales will not speak to the general public)regarding the C6002 range heater/boilers. Some tell me that the C6002EH model is simply the standard C6002 gas model plus the electric coller to provide hot water by electrics. Others say that C6002EH is a different model and provides both hot water and space heating by gas and electric supply. I would therefore be very grateful to be enlightened by any actual users of the EH model. Best regards Ron

Guest Brian Kirby
Ron Try their website, you can download the catalogue. This shows the C6002EH as gas and electric. Max electric rating is 1800 Watts though, so about 8 amps. Enough to pop most European campsite supplies - except in the Alps in winter! Try talking to Truma technical. I have spoken to them in the past and found them very helpful. All the sales boys want to know is how many and when! My understanding is that with the C6002EH you can run heating and/or water heating on electricity alone, gas alone or gas and electricity in combination - for max output or really quick startup. The C6002EL is the one with the electric water heater collar. That gives you gas or electric water heating, but blown air heating on gas only. Regards Brian

Guest Derek Uzzell
RonB: Brian's reply is absolutely correct (unlike my letter on pages 14/15 of Dec 2005 MMM where I should have said C6002EH not C6002EL). Nothing much worth adding I think, except that there are two 230v 900W heating elements that can be selected individually or together. So you can still use electric heating as long as the hook-up has 4Amps. My C6002EH seems to work OK (so far!) but it's a complex piece of kit and an expensive way to avoid carrying a cheap 230v fan-heater.

Guest Derek Uzzell
The one that lives in the motorhome is a Glen Zephyr that I bought from Argos 5 or so years ago. It's got 1000W or 2000W heat settings, thermostat control, a frost stat, cold blow and oscillating functions. It's not used very often as we normally don't bother with 230v hook-ups even on the rare occasions we stay on camp sites.

Thanks for your input chaps, I continue to have fun(he say's)with this one. On Brians first suggestion I had a look at said catalogue but the C6000EH is not mentioned. Then I contacted Truma's Tech Section and guess what - they informed me that the C6000EH is a standard C6000 with the added hot water coller! Are you sure? Yes. See what I mean about conflicting advise. Due to Derek's knowledge base and the fact that he ownes one of these s..... things I believe his version and I will start from the beginning again tomorrow after I have recovered. Trying to keep the between-floors water tanks from freezing (on electrics to conserve gas)is what I am trying to achieve. The interior is taken care of by the ubiquitous (not a bad word that)fan heater. Incidentaly, most garden centres stock the Botanico 2kw greenhouse fan heater. It also has a 1kw setting and is very quite. Price around £20.00 and I can recommend it. Have fun Ron

Guest Derek Uzzell
Are you sure there's no mention of the C6002EH in the 2005 Truma Leisure Products catalogue as it's certainly included in my 1 August 2004 hardcopy version (Page 14)? Anyway, not to worry - if you visit www.truma.com/truma/en you'll find a photo of a C6002EH on the front page with links to lots of relevant information about it. By the way, I guess you are aware that you can convert a C6002 into a C6002EL (by fitting a 230v heating collar kit), but (because a totally different, integrated 230v heating system is involved) you can't turn a C6002 into a C6002EH.

Thanks Derek, I was looking at trumauk.com, I wonder why it's not mentioned there. I do have the EL version but was hoping to upgrade but, as you say, I cannot. Best regards Ron

Guest Derek Uzzell
Roy: You can (or at least you used to be able to) get lower wattage fan-heaters from caravan accessory shops. I think they had a 500W setting.

Guest Brian Kirby
Ron In case you're still having trouble with the catalogue: go to "www.trumauk.com" That takes you to the home page. On the left hand side of the page there is a menu. Select "Catalogue", that gives a list of the various catalogues available. Select the "2005 Leisure Products Catalogue". This will download a .pdf file you can browse or save. The catalogue is dated August 2005. The file is about 3.5 Mb however, so perhaps not best if you're on a dial up - otherwise, because it opens in a sub-screen so is a bit small, it's easiest is to save a copy and go offline to browse it. (There is a "save a copy" button top left of the catalogue in the Acrobat Reader toolbar - so Truma intend you to be able to do this.) You'll fine the C 6002 EH on page 16. I know this works 'cause I've just done it - to update an older version I had downloaded and saved earlier in the year. Failing all that asks Truma to post you a copy of the catalogue. Hope this helps Brian

Brian I did previously go to Truma's catalogue on the page you state and looked at the C & E Series brochure, where for some reason the EH is not shown. Seeing that it wasn't under its spacific model range I, quite reasonable I think, didn't bother to consult the general catalogue. Just shows not to make assumptions doesn't it? Anyway, its all sorted now. Thanks for your interest. Regards Ron

Archived