Le Mans 24 Hours

Guest Don B

We are thinking about taking our van to the Le Mans 24 Hours next year but have never been before. Have any of you camped there with a motorhome? Comments welcomed!

Don That's a coincidence! Only yesterday I secured a reservation for 2 tickets and a camping pass for Le Mans 2006. We have been once before, about 5 years ago, and it was fantastic! It is true when they say that it's "the biggest British sporting event not held in Britain". The atmosphere is amazing. There are quite a number of "campsites" all around the circuit, but these are really just fields with a toilet. Some have rudimentary showers but the queue for the toilet in the morning has to be seen to be believed. Almost all the Brits turn up in cars (usually exotic or fast ones) and camp in tents, and there are thousands of them. We out-number the French many times over. Anyway, no tickets are on sale yet but they operate a reservation style system. You need to get in FAST as most have already been reserved! Call 0033 243 28 17 22, press 2 for English, then press 1 for other information. Ask to speak to Nadine Bouttier and tell her what you want, including camping. Her email address is: nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr but call first and email to confirm reservation. But be quick! Regards Neal

Neal, Thank you very much indeed! I have spoken to Nadine, who was very helpful and has reserved two tickets and a campsite place for us. We only thought about this a couple of days ago, and decided to do some research. What a good thing you saw my note on the Forum, or we would have left it too late! See you there, we have a CI Carioca 5. Don

Don Glad to hear you got the reservations. As for "see you there", it would be nice to say hello but the race site is huge, covering a few square miles with hundreds of thousands of visitors and a huge number of campers! I will try to look out for you. We have a 30' Rockwood RV reg no M9 ARV (My ARV!) Regards Neal

Archived