spain in jan/feb

trickydicky

Hi

Where in Spain?

Costa del Sol where I live it will vary greatly you will get some good weather but you may also get some bad i.e. wet windy cold (by Spanish standards)never a frost.

It is chilly untill the sun comes up and after it goes down but in any month of the year you will see sun worshipers on the beech.According to the ststistics we get 330 from 365 days of sunshine a year.

I would think little or no heat required in the motorhome,

Colin Frier

We live just inland from the coast on the Costa Blanca, and I echo Colin's comments.

You'll expect some rain in Jan/Feb, but no frosts (so long as you stay near the coasts....they do get a lot of sub-zero nights in the middle parts of Spain). Nightimes here the temp might drop to maybe 5 to 8 degrees at that winter time of year for us.

Mainly sunny during the day, with temps perhaps in the 12 to 18 degree range normally.

That's damn cold for us, as we've been here for 6 years and have acclimatised......but you see all the tourists still wandering around in shorts and T-shirts in the coastal towns, saying that compared to back home in Northern Europe this is lovely and warm.

From memory, I seem to recall that late February through to mid-late March is generally the coldest period on the Costa Blanca.

If we are away in our MH in the November - to - April period we generally feel the need to have the gas heater on (low) for an hour or so in the evenings, and wear sweatshirts/jumpers; and we use a winter weight duvet....but we've never felt the need to have the heating on all night.

Hope this helps!

(lol) We generally go to Costa Blanca end of December for January in M/H during the day you can generally just wear t.shirts etc, but in the evening you need jumper or cardigan, we just have heating at low late evening, we have tried the costa del sol, but found it wetter, we have only ever had rain for an hour or so during the day, but quite a bit during the night, on the whole its realy quite pleasant. enjoy. ;-)

thanks everyone for info. you have cheered me up no end. hopefully the weather will be as you all say, and not as i was expecting it to be.i was also thinking the heating might be on all day and night as well.i am looking forward to going a lot more now.from what i can gather from remarks made, it is warmer on the costa del sol than the costa blanca when the sun's out, but also more likely to rain than costa blanca.thanks again.

We had nearly three months on the Costa del Sol January to March last year and the year before. Weather was wonderful by British standards. We were comfortable in shorts during the day most days but of course it got pretty chilly at night. Only about a week of rain in the whole three months as I recall B-)

Hi,

we would welcome any comments on campsites in the area.

We intend to travel 13th or 14th December via Calais, Madrid etc to visit relatives near Benalmadena (Malaga) for a couple of weeks over xmas and then travel up the east coast for another 6 weeks or so.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Alan

Agree with Margaret, 'La Marina' is a good site.

The sites on the Costa Del Sol are a poor lot. If you must 'Marbella Playa' is probably the 'best' followed by 'Cabopino', both near Marbella, but I'm not recommending them!

'La Rosaleda' at Conil De La Frontera, Nr Cadiz is another nice site.

we are planning on going to marbella, and to one of the sites you mention above, but now we aren't sure if you don't recomend them. could you tell us why please.is it because they are unsafe, or perhaps dirty. if we know the reason we can decide for ourselves if they are worth staying at. thank you for your comments.

Camping Bourganvilla near Marbella was Ok. The facilities are clean and there is a decent pool. There is some road noise because it is next to a main dual carriageway, but I would be happy to return there. The bus into Marbella stops about 200 metres from the gate so you can leave your van and be a tourist! Marbella itself is not as grand as it thinks it is!

"Fur coat and no knickers" summed it up for us! "The beautiful people" come out at night to walk up and down the prom, or stay in Porta Banus. But again I would go back and visit again.

Archived