Next summer plans?

Poppy

Currently we are planning to go down the Atlantic coast of France into North Spain with the option of a sharp turn south if the weather turns. One I wouldn't mind if the weather could be trusted is up along the Dutch/German coasts to Denmark.Anyone else planning anything?

We are going to stay in Southern England and tour around a bit in the summer.

March and April we are off to Spain, Portugal and back up the Atlantic coast.

The Euro exchange rate is a bit worrying, it will make red wine more than 35 pence a bottle now. Never mind.

Geoff

So far, we're planning:

Tour around Portugal in January, with some mates who are early-retiring here to the Costa Blanca in December and bringing the ri MH with them.

Mucho bimbling around Spain on an ad-hoc basis for a few days at a time as the feeling grabs us throughout the rest of the year (except in July and August when it's too damned hot without air-con).

Motorbike tour in Italy (via ferry there and back from Valencia) for 10 days or so in October.

And we're sure to be up to Barcelona once or twice too again in 2009, either in the 'van or on the bike.

It's a hard life........ :D

Skining at Les Arcs in MArch (not summer I know) then Switzerland late may into mid June as I have to be back for Wimbledon.

IN August we're off to France to the west coast for surfing then across the Pyrenees to the Med for a few days lying in the sun and nice warm sea.

In between Dorset with the grandchildren for a couple of nights and anything else the weather lets us do at any other time we have spare.

Would love to go back to Spain in the autumn but that'll have to wait until 2010.

Just booked yesterday with the GB privilege Via CC. we are off through France to Belgium then Germany on through Switzerland then Italy getting the ferry across to Greece, and the Peloponese that should be three weeks then we will stay on in Greece for a bit then make our way back to Italy we have never been to Rome and look forward to that, then the South of France never been there either, then slowly back down France, coming home June/July.

I am sure as we get nearer I will have a hundred questions to ask, and thanks to those who have already helped. Carol.

Early thoughts are eurotunnel with tesco vouchers to Paris for a few days staying at either bois de boulogne or huttopia, never been to paris, then wander about abit either through the loire or down to dordogne or maybe auvergne or...................................... :-D

I'm planning to go to Ireland care of Tesco vouchers and then we're undecided whether to go to Croatia/ Slovinia or Poland later on in the year. The beauty is once you've booked the ferry crossing to the continent, you don't have to make up your mind immediately so you can take a long time in choosing and investigating your adventure!

Mel B - 2008-11-30 4:31 PM

We've managed to get permission to take 3 weeks holiday next year so Hubby is wanting to go to Italy ...

Might have to pick your brain Judge nearer the time! :-D

Go for it Mel, we did Venice and Florence in 2003 for our 30th anniversary, and 3 weeks was ample time. We went outward via Germany and Austria (staying a few days en route at Konigssee in S. Germany), and back at a leisurely pace through western France. If we'd hurried the out and back journeys a little we could easily have covered a lot more of Italy, but that was our choice.

As for 2009, we've now got TWO trips planned, which just about soaks up all my holidays:

FIVE weeks in July/August! Starting at a big Baptist shindig in Amsterdam (that bit doesn't count as holiday!! :D ), then heading East as we've never seen Berlin, Warsaw, Vienna, or Prague. May venture down as far as Slovenia.

But that's a long time to wait, so I've now booked a few days at February half-term, when we'll find ourselves somewhere on the outskirts of Paris and spend some time in the city.

Meanwhile, we've been managing at least one Friday nioght away every month since we got the van (I don't get proper weekends like you lot :-( , but most weeks can take Saturday as my weekly day off). I'll post the latest one as a separate thread.

Tony

haven't been to France for ages and am getting all sorts of withdrawal symptoms - so -

Zeebrugge to St Nazaire ish - then either west or south or both depending on the weather

subject to getting a 2nd mortgage or winning the lottery if the current collapse against the euro doesn't improve :'(

B-)

I have tried to persuade my husband to return to Italy next year - I really love the place. After 2 years running though we are also thinking of Southern / Central France.

The joys of motorhoming means we can plan to visit one country then change our minds at any time - depends which way the wind (and rain) blows at the time. B-)

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2008-11-30 4:31 PM

We've managed to get permission to take 3 weeks holiday next year so Hubby is wanting to go to Italy ...

Might have to pick your brain Judge nearer the time! :-D

Bit of a sore point as we had been experiencing difficulties booking our favorite Lake Garda site for July/ August until this morning. In fact it is fully booked for August already and yes it is that good. We never visit the same site repeatedly but it will be our 3rd year there.

http://www.fornella.it/camping.c/p-4/Italiano.htm

On the way down we stop along with everyone else it seems lol at the municipal at Obernai in the Alsace region. Other then that we just find somewhere on route.

http://www.obernai.fr/site/Municipal_Campsite-182.html

Then we will go to Germany and on to Switzerland to the Interlaken area. Will probably stop at lake Maggiore for a few nights. Looking forward to giving the electric bikes a good try out....

Archived