MMM maps

Guest jessy

Guest Rowan Lee
I would imagine it is something to do with Ordnance Survey copyright. I used to run my own business which was based on using OS maps. Their copyright laws are a minefield and they have different rules for magazines and other publications and it also depends on what scale mapping you want to use and what percentage of the total article/page/magazine it constitutes. It can get prohibitively expensive to use mapping at all. At least the maps in MMM give you a good idea of where things are and the articles generally include six figure map references so you can plot them yourself. Perfectly adequate, I would say.

I tend to use the maps as a guide If we are going to visit the place/ feature I would enter the Co-ordinates into my Autoroute to get an accutate fix Using this method I have been known to turn up at rallies from the opposited directioin to that given in the instructions - even when towing a caravan Ie We dont go through Keswick and Grange when visiting Low Moresby CC site We have been known to approach over Newlands Pass

I suspect it is a combination of time, design skills and time! You can always derive a nice neat sketch from the OS map as the friendly clubs does!

Archived