Elddis Autoquest black mains sockets

everhopeful

I think most of the newer Elddis Autoquest models are fitted with black mains socket outlets and aerial outlets etc.

The sockets are made by PDL, which seems to be an Australian outfit, and somewhere I've seen a white PDL socket in a Powerpart package.

Some dealers seem to stock Powerpart stuff, but not black.

Anyone any ideas where they can be bought? :-D

Basil - 2008-12-03 9:08 PM

Do you mean like the one two thirds down this page? Though it only seems to be a double one.

See

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/modules/shop/products.asp?catid=4&rangeid=165&cat=240V%20Plugs%20&%20Sockets

Bas

Oh No! Has east coast leisure gone bust? - their website certainly has!

I'll bet it was the exact thing Baz!

I've tried the local B&Q and didn't find anything even near, but I think different stores stock some different stuff.

I think this is confirming what I was suspecting - the black sockets are indeed a rare find. I don't actually like the shiny black sockets because they show dust like nothing else on earth, but it will look a mess if I don't match what is there. It'll be costly, but if all else fails I may have to ignore the credit crunch and change what I can to normal caravan beige and then match that. :-(

Two hopes of getting spares out of Explorer and one of those is Bob...

Everhopeful - I have just removed that awful black double pattress and am changing the sockets over to something a little more pleasing to the eye (and a little more available) FWIW if you remove the large worktop over the cupboard you can get behind the panel that holds the pattress and remove the whole back panel and discover an extra 20% of worktop in the process. I will post some pics as soon as I take some.

everhopeful - 2008-12-04 6:54 PM

Oh No! Has east coast leisure gone bust? - their website certainly has!

I'll bet it was the exact thing Baz!

(

Sorry don't know what has happened, it was working when I posted, the main site URL says it is no longer there either. I will have to call by them and investigate.

Bas

Archived