VOSA swivel seat recall - Autosleepers (& other makes?)

David B

I have just received a letter from Autosleepers about a recall regarding the safety of some FASP swivel seats. My seats in my 2005 Nuevo ES were changed at my request last year.

To quote ".....VOSA...has informed us that the swivel seats.....in certain Motorhomes may de-latch spontaneously.... The affected swivels can be identified by rotating the seat through 45 degrees and looking in the direction of the operating lever and the pin which the lever locks into. If the handle is coloured orange and the pin IS FITTED with a "top hat" NO futher action is required."

They go on to say that dealers are aware of the action required. I believe that Swift have already dealt with this recall.

Hi,

You are correct my Swift recall regarding the swivel seat problem was rectified in November 2007

David B - 2008-12-03 11:18 AM

I have just received a letter from Autosleepers about a recall regarding the safety of some FASP swivel seats. My seats in my 2005 Nuevo ES were changed at my request last year.

To quote ".....VOSA...has informed us that the swivel seats.....in certain Motorhomes may de-latch spontaneously.... The affected swivels can be identified by rotating the seat through 45 degrees and looking in the direction of the operating lever and the pin which the lever locks into. If the handle is coloured orange and the pin IS FITTED with a "top hat" NO futher action is required."

They go on to say that dealers are aware of the action required. I believe that Swift have already dealt with this recall.

Hi, I have just received the same recall for Autosleeper Inca reg HF06EWW. Unfortunately I no longer own it as it was traded in via Tilshead Caravans, who subsequently sold it on to its new owner who lives in south west Wales area somewhere. I dont have the name of new owner or address,. If anyone sees it out and about perhaps they would draw the attention of owner/driver to existence of recall. I have returned recall notice to Autosleeper in hopes they can trace new owner.

tonyg3nwl

Archived