Skiing time

rupert123

The resorts of Grand Montet at Argentiere and Les Contamines just up the road both opened last weekend, for w/e only. The Grand Montet opens full time next weekend. More snow is forecast and it could be the best start to a season in years. Skis waxed, sharpened and ready, off on boxing day for six weeks, cannot wait.

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback on how much gas you would expect to use in the mountains in January or February in a week.

In the past I have worked on about 5kgs per week but our new m/h, a Pilote P690FG appears to use more than that. I am concerned that I may run out or have to go down the valley every few days to top up my refillable cylinders. Sometimes the nearest filling station with LPG is miles away.

We called at Les Gets and Morzine in September on our way south and I was shocked how much gas we used. It was sunny during the day with frost at night.

The boiler is the Truma combi 6E.

Thanks,

Peter.

niton - 2008-12-07 2:35 PM

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback on how much gas you would expect to use in the mountains in January or February in a week.

In the past I have worked on about 5kgs per week but our new m/h, a Pilote P690FG appears to use more than that. I am concerned that I may run out or have to go down the valley every few days to top up my refillable cylinders. Sometimes the nearest filling station with LPG is miles away.

We called at Les Gets and Morzine in September on our way south and I was shocked how much gas we used. It was sunny during the day with frost at night.

The boiler is the Truma combi 6E.

Thanks,

Peter.

You will use a lot. In the summer I use about 6kg in three weeks staying on sites with hookup. Last week in the Dales and the Peak Distict it was very cold each night and although we used c.c. sites and our electric heater we found that the 2kw electric was not enough so switched to gas heating and used 6kg in five days. We used the sites showers and electric as much as possible so guess it will depend on where you stay and how many are in van.

Well last year over a period of 2 plus weeks we used approx 12kg. This included leaving it on all night.

We are a family of four, had hook up for some of te time, dont shower in an or wash up in the van.

Use what you use, you can always fit in a spare if it bothers you.

Archived