Microwave ????

tyreman

I saw one today at ASDA for £35 and it was all stainless steel. We have one in our van that is a Microwave ,Grill and Oven combi. but we have to be on hook up if we want to use all three settings simaltaneously, we have a 2000 watt inverter installed and this will cope with the Microwave setting ok ,but whatever power microwave you get, if you intend to run it via an inverter, you better be sure you can recharge your batteries back up again, either by solar power, mains or running your engine. *-)

Thanks for the info guys, i just want one to use with electric hookup and did`nt want to trip the mains,dont think i`ll bother with all this inverter malarkey,the tesco deal sounds good,picking up the new van tommorow (whooopeee)so i`ll measure the cupboard space first

Don't forget to check the maximum load that the microwave will put on the electrics, it may be a 750w microwave (that's the output) but the input will be much higher. If you're only going to use it on mains you should be fairly well alright but check the total power needed first to make sure you don't trip the site supply.

Guest johnllewellyn94
hi den the inverter is 2500w peak and I have run it few times now and the inverter only gets warm I though it was 750 but in leaflet it says 700w

Guest johnllewellyn94

the mw peaks at 1200w but inveter peaks at 2500w I only runs mw the inveter no intention of running it on site power

john

The article about microwaves was, I think, in the CC mag. The 450w model mentioned was a Goldstar, which sadly is now unavailable.

I have one of these and it's an excellent unit. It may only be low powered but it's so efficient you'd hardly notice. It is a shame that low powered units don't seem to be available anymore, but fickle as we are, large probably sells better.

I wonder what the lowest power unit available is now?

I don't use or want an inverter but would be lost if the old Goldie gave out. 8-)

Archived