Aframe in Herts

sparts

Is there any one in herts that has a car on Aframe, only had one fitted to my smart other week just tried towing it today, made sure not in gear handbrake off, brake cable not too tight, but when i start to tow, the car starts to judder side to side as tho it has stearing lock on need some friendly advice for this novice tower :$

sparts - 2008-12-05 6:19 PM

Is there any one in herts that has a car on Aframe, only had one fitted to my smart other week just tried towing it today, made sure not in gear handbrake off, brake cable not too tight, but when i start to tow, the car starts to judder side to side as tho it has stearing lock on need some friendly advice for this novice tower :$

I was under the impression a car towed with an A frame had to have steering lock on, does the Smart, in fact, have a steering lock. If not the front wheels will be going in all directions. I have read some where Smarts should never be towed in this way. I would really check this one out.

Thanks for replys peeps, i have tried it again today, and you know what nothing bad it worked fine did nothing differant all i can think of is Gremlins on me steering wheel haveing fun with my nerves, oh well happy days, have a good christmas and new year (lol)

Archived