Garmin 350 map update failed

Don Madge

I bought the City Navigator Europe NT update 2009 for my Garmin 350 on a CD.

The download went OK until the maps started to load from the comp to the 350 it loaded 57% and failed. I hit the retry and the same thing again it stopped loading at 57%.

I'm running Windows Vista.

Can anybody help please; I'm at a loss to understand why it has stopped loading at 57% twice. Is there some kind of time limit somewhere?

Any help will be most welcome please keep it simple.

Regards

Don

Hi Don

I have just downloaded this map version from the Garmin site to a Nuvi 760. All went well, but it took a long time.

There is quite a lot of advice on their website to browse and also phone numbers. They are usually pretty good with advice over the phone.

Garmins support address below.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/support

Hope you get it sorted. I would be interested in their solution.

John

JohnP - 2008-12-09 9:16 AM

Hi Don

I have just downloaded this map version from the Garmin site to a Nuvi 760. All went well, but it took a long time.

There is quite a lot of advice on their website to browse and also phone numbers. They are usually pretty good with advice over the phone.

Garmins support address below.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/support

Hope you get it sorted. I would be interested in their solution.

John

Hi John,

Took your advice and rang Garmin help line who suggested it was the computer that was at fault.

Tried our other laptop (Windows XP) and it loaded OK. Took about three hours in total.

Regards

Don

Hi Don

I am not convinced that Vista is the new all singing and dancing system. There appears to be a lot of problems with compatability.

I use Windows XP and it will run all of the software I have.

Pleased that you are sorted

John

Hi Don

I know it is no consolation but I have just updated both our Garmins (Nuvi 250 and 7200) using Vista without problems (each within about an hour).

I don't think the capacity is a problem as the first task it performs is to back up and remove the old maps from your system. And as I said I don't think it is the Vista OS as I have done several software and map updates with no problems.

You may have to look for a conflict on your machine.

I know I will probably bring down the wrath of the computer gods on my machine by saying that after SP1 Vista has been a very stable and excellent system for me (but I probably wouldn't use home basic).

Cheers

Archived