How do we down load once again?

AnnPaul

:$ :$ :$ :$

Sorry everybody that helped me last time, but I am afraid that I have lost all the info you let me have on "HOW DO WE DOWN LOAD "aires etc on to my Garmin Nuvi 760.

I have already installed the Garmin POI loader.

What do I do next.

Thanking you all.

Paul

1) go to, say, www.poihandler.com or use the aires files that w2g posted on a previous thread and download the file to your PC. (If using Vista place it in the downloads folder.

2) Select the file in your downloads folder (It will be a zip file) and open it (unzip) to a folder you should create called, say, "poifiles".

3) start your poiloader software - It will ask you where the POIs are - point it at your new "poifiles" folder.

4) It will now search for your device - you can either plug in your Garmin via usb or place an SD card (max 2gig) in your computer. I suggest you use the SD card method. - the software will recognise the SD card or the Garmin and ask you to confirm that it is the correct device. Confirm it and 2 mins later it will tell you that the POIs have been installed.

5) Put the SD card into the Garmin and switch on - You may get a message saying "new files detected - do you wish to add these to the device so that they are available when the card is removed - say yes.

6) You have done it! Now if you want to navigate to a POI - turn on the Garmin select "where to" then "extras" then POIs then which ever file set you want (French Aires, Supermarkets etc)

Hope this helps

Archived