Ferry

Guest Mick T

Just booked 2 ferry tickets, April/August,motorhome 2 adults £70.00 return.Booked via Carefree, was told the prices will be going up next week

I've just had a shuftie on the internet and the offer seems to be with the Camping & Caravanning Club. From what I can tell the offer is only available to members of that Club and the ferry is either with P&O or SeaFrance, I couldn't get in any further to find out as I'm not a member. However, I booked a ferry with SeaFrance via the Motorhome Ticket Club a few weeks back, for sailing anytime next year at a cost of £75.00 return ... and it costs nothing to join the MTC either, it goes up a little if you want to come back after 5.00 pm on a Saturday, but if you want other times you can actually get it cheaper than this as well.

MelE I'm amazed!! I've never found the Caravan Club, or any other club, cheaper than I can actually get tickets for Eurotunnel myself!! Perhaps I might try them... Regards Neal

MelE I've only ever booked a ferry trip with the Caravan Club once, and then found I could've got a cheaper deal elsewhere (to Ireland)! I've never found them the cheapest, in many cases they are nearly on a par with some of the more expensive ferry companies' supposed 'deals'. I did try the Caravan Club again just before Christmas when booking our trip for France next year but again they couldn't match booking direct with either Norfolkline or SeaFrance, or even via the MTC who were cheaper than everyone! Just because they are a big club doesnt' mean that they get the best deals. Make sure you shop around, especially on the internet as there are a lot of cheap deals out there and there are quite a few cheap ticket 'bucket' sites to do comparisons on, then at least you have something to compare what you are being quoted on the phone with.

Archived