dimming lights etc

Guest neil whiting

Guest neil whiting
please can anyone help i went into my motorhome today, which is connected up to mains and has been since end october and when i put on the lights in the front everything was ok until i switched on the back motorhome lights as well and the front lights dimmed and then i looked over to the dash board and that was lit up as well as the radio so i went into the back cupboard and switched off the mains and everything was ok again .so i put the mains on and the problem did not reappear .i had the mains on to have a small thermostatic heater on during the cold weather .please can anybody help many thanks neil w

Check the batteries! If your mains connection/ battery charger is not of the type that automatically switches itself off when the battery is charged, it is very likely that leaving the mains connected for an extended period has gassed your batteries dry. They will work if filled with distilled water, but will need replacing since they are unlikely to hold charge.

Guest neil w
thanks MelE for your reply but the problem has now been found it was a status aerial which had just been fitted.when the 45mm hole was drilled through the roof it remove the outside sleeving of the cables to the back lights in the motorhome and to the driving lights on the outside and when the body of the aerial was pushed through the hole it connected up the to cables giving power both ways.before you ask it was me who fitted the areial.i had now idea they placed cables in the roof i thought they where all in the side walls or even under the floor. many thanks for your help anyway neil w

Archived