Open Reply to Mr A. Stothert.

Earthmover

In the New Year several modifications will be made to the forum. These will include providing the ability for the originator of a thread to delete the initial posting in its entirety provided that there have been no follow-up postings. This will minimise the likelihood of 'empty' threads such as this one. Other changes will include integrating the Motorhome Matters and Hints and Tips sections, while the Chatterbox section will be dropped. The option will be offered (finally) at the forum registration stage to provide motorhome/caravan/tent etc. details.

Guest Tracker

The dropping of chatterbox could well lead to the degradation of the more serious side of the forum with chatterbox type banter which is perhaps not really in anyone's best interests?

Vive la difference?

No Chatterbox!? There could be lots of people with huge amounts of time to fill! But then we could have fun getting round the ban ..... I look forward to threads such as "Waterpump widget/jokes" with posts like: "My van's water pump is working very well too" oh, and I heard this joke yesterday....................."

Similarly, I am confident Carol will be able to devise a new "Carry On" game, for example where the first word in each post on a word association thread is a motorhome part......... We can then claim it's "educational" so can't be pulled by the Mods.

Bob :-)

Guest Tracker
RupertGS - 2008-12-22 11:09 AM

Fortunately, some of us are bright enough to know the difference between those who lie and insult and think that it's acceptable and those who like a bit of fun!

Just a shame then that you ain't one of them!

Guest Tracker
Derek Uzzell - 2008-12-22 7:39 AM

In the New Year several modifications will be made to the forum. These will include providing the ability for the originator of a thread to delete the initial posting in its entirety provided that there have been no follow-up postings. This will minimise the likelihood of 'empty' threads such as this one. Other changes will include integrating the Motorhome Matters and Hints and Tips sections, while the Chatterbox section will be dropped. The option will be offered (finally) at the forum registration stage to provide motorhome/caravan/tent etc. details.

Nice one Derek - happy Christmas and a healthy 2009!

Tracker - 2008-12-22 11:15 AM

Fortunately, some of us are bright enough to know the difference between those who lie and insult and think that it's acceptable and those who like a bit of fun!

Hang on! You're the one who fell for it, not me!

Egg on Tracker's face time again folks!

Guest Tracker
RupertGS - 2008-12-22 11:46 AM

The difference being Rupert that, unlike you, I don't have an ego problem, I don't pretend to be all knowing, I don't pretend that I am superior to anyone else, I don't mind falling for a wind up and I like eggs!Lighten up and get a life.

Derek Uzzell - 2008-12-22 10:09 AM

Don't worry - it was all lies.

Derek .... telling lies !!!!!!!?????????

First the credit crunch - world banking on the point of collapse ----

unemployment set to rise - high street icons going broke -

--- and now this !

.... what hope is there ?

;-) ;-) ;-)

Tracker - 2008-12-22 11:58 AM
RupertGS - 2008-12-22 11:46 AM

The difference being Rupert that, unlike you, I don't have an ego problem, I don't pretend to be all knowing, I don't pretend that I am superior to anyone else, I don't mind falling for a wind up and I like eggs!Lighten up and get a life.
Hope you are not mixing your Ruperts up here tracker.

Guest Tracker
rupert123 - 2008-12-22 2:42 PM

Hope you are not mixing your Ruperts up here tracker.

I hope not too Henry!

With respect, although you can be as argumentative as the best on here, you are not the same arrogant, rude, patronising, insulting, pompous, self righteous pratt that RGS is and you do, unlike RGS, take part in useful postings as well as the banter.

You might care to dissociate yourself at this point before someone accuses you of being the same!

Unless? No it can't be true? Can it?

Archived