Weather in Spain.

Ron Butler

Hi there MMM forum, this is my first time on this service, so I hope I have got it right.

I am wondering if anyone out there can give me any advice on current weather conditions in Spain. I am sailing from Dover at the end of December and heading for the Costa Blanca. Usually I go via San Sebastian, Pamplona, Zaragoza and Valencia, but never in the middle of winter. As we see signs for ski resorts on this route I am wondering if snow is likely to be a problem, and what are the spanish like for keeping their roads clear in bad conditions?

Monday 22nd December:

Costa Blanca coast.....

Clear blue skies this morning (as for the past week or so now), and bright sunshine. Almost no wind; a lovely calm, sunny and clear day.

Ambient temperature about 16 degrees at 10.45am, projected to rise to about 19 degrees this afternoon. (Much hotter in direct sun though)

Shorts and T-shirt are the dress-order of the day. Again.

Planning Crimbly dinnery thingy with the Sparkle to be gobbled outside on our terrace, assuming weather doesn't change in the next couple of days.

Hi,

Useful site: www.ukweather.com go to Spain then any of the cities listed, it gives accurate up to date temperatures and forecasts updated every 30 minutes. Included are weather maps which among other things show the cloud cover. For instance Valencia this morning at 11am local time 8c, forecast high of 16c.

Bill Ord

Hi

Today has been sunny and warm in Velez Malaga just come back from a walk on the front and lunch in the open.

Here is forecaste for next 7 days Malaga via weather underground.

Updated: 7:00 AM CET on December 30, 2008

Tuesday

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 17 °C . Wind East 32 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%.

Tuesday Night

Scattered Clouds. Low: 11 °C . Wind ESE 21 km/h .

Wednesday

Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. High: 16 °C . Wind East 28 km/h . Chance of precipitation 40%.

Wednesday Night

Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. Low: 11 °C . Wind West 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 50%.

Thursday

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 17 °C . Wind WNW 10 km/h . Chance of precipitation 30%.

Thursday Night

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 9 °C . Wind WNW 25 km/h . Chance of precipitation 30%. Windchill: 7 °C .

Friday

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 17 °C . Wind WNW 18 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%.

Friday Night

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 8 °C . Wind SW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%. Windchill: 6 °C .

Saturday

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 17 °C . Wind WSW 21 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%.

Saturday Night

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 8 °C . Wind WNW 32 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%. Windchill: 5 °C .

Sunday

Scattered Clouds. High: 15 °C . Wind WNW 36 km/h .

Sunday Night

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 8 °C . Wind WNW 32 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%. Windchill: 6 °C .

Monday

Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 17 °C . Wind WNW 28 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20%.

Monday Night

Scattered Clouds. Low: 7 °C . Wind West 39 km/h . Windchill: 4 °C .

Sports Weather

Costa Blanca (a bit North of Benidorm), today, Monday 30th Dec:

Clear blue skies, almost no wind at all.

Very nicely warm in the direct sun (T-shirt jobbie), but chilly (sweatshirt jobbie) out of it.

Went out for ride on motorbike with the Sparkle, up the N332 coast road and then inland to Jalon for lunch. Needed the liner in my jacket, and my leather bike trousers.

Could have sat outside to eat in T-shirts, so long as in direct sunshine.

This evening (it's nearly 8pm here as I type) it's till clear skies, but temp has dropped to probably about 10 degrees.

Spanish TV forecast is for more of the same, settled weather, for the next 3 or 4 days.

A tad too chilly for the sandals and shorts at the moment.

Ok got enough weather report on Spain how about Portugal anyone in the Algarve region just a taster would be nice, heading down south Jan 8th will stop in Benicassim (for the Paella festival) for a few days.

Then just wander as a cloud.

Happy New Year to all.

*-) *-)

Archived