Bargains you have found - tell us about them

omidknight

Bought a porta potty in a charity shop whilst on holiday which cost £2.00 as the blade wasn't working, we bought it for hubby's Dad as they had just taken up camping so fixed it but they decided they didn't want it so sold it for £35.00.

Bought a computer locally from a lad who was moving back to London, he was claring his flat, he asked for £100 for it and a second (flat) screen monitor as the computer wasn't working properly. Hubby sorted it out and put new operating system on and we got £250 for it!

Wow great bargains and money making tales!

A Vincent motorcycle book purchased for 50p I later sold for £10 to a friend maybe worth a little more on the open market.

A Landrover manual bought on a car boot for £1 was sold by my beloved holding a "For Sale" sign at Billing Landrover Show for £8.

The best bargain I ever bought was an Austin A40 Somerset for the magnificent sum of £5, apart from needing a cylindar head gasket it was in perfect running order, it was that car that opened my eyes to all things of yesteryear which then led me on the path of furniture restoration in my workshop.

There is a renaissance in old furniture and wooden artifacts, people have had enough of this flat pack Ikea stuff, I scour builders skips, junk shops, second hand shops, book shops and auction houses, it is amazing what you can pick up for just a few quid.

If you have the right aptitude and basic skills you can make a tidy little penny on what people throw away, my workshop in my back garden is what I call my cottage industry I get myself in there in the mornings light my wood burner and that is me for the day, anyone with a little flair and artistic ability can develope a redundancy free money making enterprise, better than working for a boss.

Archived