Rear Bumpers

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Thinking of getting a rear bumper to protect the expensive and hard to source rear end bits of the van that even minor damage to could prove to be very expensive and inconvenient.

Apart from Hope Safe T Bar does anyone know the names of other producers of such items please as due to continuing senior moments I can't remember.

A trawl of the search facility did not turn up anything useful although I have a feeling this topic has been discussed before?

Many thanks.

Guest Tracker

Thanks Bruce. There a couple of good steel fabricators locally and as soon as they reopen I will visit them but meanwhile I wanted to find out the cost and look of an off the shelf type.

I have had many rear bumpers on vans over the years ranging from stainless steel to white plastic covered to galvanised to painted and they all do the job. All that varies is the cost and the way they look as a poorly made one can look dreadful.

Hi Tracker, funnily enough somewhere in all the bumph of papers piled up and waiting to be sorted, I noticed a letter from Discovery to me, as I once asked them about rear bumpers. It was a personal letter telling me some info on them. I will try and sort through the suitcase full of post tonight to find it and let you know tomorrow. Hope you ok, sunshine. Joy

Hi Tracker- I had a Towtal tow bar fitted to protect the rear of the van and light clusters. It also doubles for fitting a removable bike rack, and would also be useful for being dragged of any soft ground. It was finished in white and blends in well. The only downside to it , is they are a reasonably heavy addition, so can use up some of the payload, particulary on a 60% overhang design.

However if you need rear end protection it seems that this is the only thing suitable. Regards chas

Hi Tracker,

Try CLH trailers in St Clears. If you call there ask for Chris( he's the boss)

If you're coming from the Pembroke or Haverfordwest side head for Carmarthen on the dual carriageway and they're on the right hand side as

you pass St.Clears. Tell them that Adrian Morse sent you and I'm sure he can sort out your requirements.

happy New Year and I wish I was there now. :-)

Archived