Satellite systems for Motorhome

davedrake

I only have experience of the Oyster Satellite dish which we find excellent. It can't be used on the move, but re-adjusts it'self at a new location.

I don't know of any satellite system that can be used while on the move, but no doubt someone else will know.

I can recommend the person who supplied and fitted our satellite if you decide to go down the Oyster route.

Many thanks, I think I am looking firstly that the Automatic part of the system works. We are only at a location for one or two nights in the UK and one night at a time following the Tour de France in France and I don't want to spend very long trying to get a signal (I want to get to my BBQ and Wine)

With the Oyster system we've got, you simply turn it on and send the dish up. The system takes care of the rest, the dish will spin around (if you've moved location) until it locks on to the satellite and hey presto you've got your stations - usually not any longer than opening the bottle of wine!

Just in case of too many glasses of plonk, and you forget to lower the dish, it will automatically lower when the ignition is turned on, so no worries of driving around with it left up.

Archived