Campsites near Kukenhof gardens

yeti

We visited last year and stayed at Camping De Hof van Eeden which is within 4 miles of the gardens. Cost was €10 per night, plus €0-50 per shower.

This site is on page 551 of the 2008 edition of the CC book Caravan Europe vol 2.

Address:

Hellegatspolder 2

2160 AZ

Lisse

telephone no: 0252 212573

Looking in this year's Camping Cheque book, there is a campsite (Page 290) 'Kawan Vilage Koningshof' that's 15kms from Keukenhof - www.koningshofholland.nl. The cheques are £11.95 this year (2 people + unit + electricity). The dates of acceptance are 01/01 - 09/04; 13/04 - 24/04 and other dates outside of April. Don't have any other info on prices.

May be worth a look.

Cattwg :-)

yeti - 2008-12-29 4:02 PM

A group of us,3 vans, are trying to arrange a trip to the gardens in Aprill.

Can anyone reccomend sites within easy travelling of the gardens either on foot,bike or public transport.

Many thanks in advance

Have you had a look yet at the replies to the identical thread you (sasquatch) posted on the other forum? There are a couple of replies there, including one from myself, with some useful info, including details on Camping Koningshof.

Ina.

Hymer584 - 2009-01-02 11:46 AM

yeti - 2008-12-29 4:02 PM

A group of us,3 vans, are trying to arrange a trip to the gardens in Aprill.

Can anyone reccomend sites within easy travelling of the gardens either on foot,bike or public transport.

Many thanks in advance

Have you had a look yet at the replies to the identical thread you (sasquatch) posted on the other forum? There are a couple of replies there, including one from myself, with some useful info, including details on Camping Koningshof.

Ina.

The last posting from UK campsites was dated 29/12/08 I have those and forwarded to my colleagues. Incidentally I posted on all th sites I use.

apart from UKCS,MHF,Fun and MMM online.

UKCS have moved my post and it is off the board.

BTW Thanks for your comprehensive reply I think that wil be one of our main reference sources. We have various roles in the trip;one does crossings,one books terminal site and one does route and stopovers.

yeti - 2009-01-02 12:30 PM

UKCS have moved my post and it is off the board.

It has only been moved to a more appropriate section and I did receive an email from the mods about the fact that they'd moved it, didn't you? It is now under 'Caravanning and Camping Abroad'. You had originally posted it in the section 'Motorhomes and Campervans'.

The only reason I mentioned it here was because you had reacted on this forum to the replies, but not on the other forum and it's always nice to at least get an acknowledgement when people try and help with info.

Hope you get sorted out ok for April, incidentally, I don't think you'll be able to use Camping Cheques for part of April, as it's Easter in April, and you can't usually use them during holidays like that, but I don't know for sure, so it's best to check.

Ina.

I di dreact but not as enthusiastically as on here because the information I received from you was very good and We've gon with that.

I did receive an email but was unable to find mt query initially.

Thank you for your very useful information and concern.

Archived