Peugeot Recalls

izzywhit

Just had my van back to dealer cos I got a recall letter from peugeot saying a pipe attached to the engine can be damaged by the engine's vibration.Has anyone else had this letter and do they know anything more about what the problem was ? The girl on the desk said it was a coolant pipe but couldn't elaborate. Also while it was there she said there was a software download outstanding and when I took it for the 1000 mile check they had to do a software download what is all this about ? Can they not make a vehicle correctly after all these years of experience ? My van is a 2008 Elddis Autoquest 100. :-S

We had a recall on our Compass (same as Eldiss) Avantegarde 120 recently, as you say, a pipe was replaced. I heard it could become brittle with heat and leak. Very quick job. The Software Download was also done, I believe this changes the torque settings slightly, and amongst other things, improves reversing smoothness. Ours never suffered from any judders, thankfully.

Ours certainly runs great after the software upgrade, very smooth, and also slightly better MPG.

Les

izzywhit:

There have been a number of 'safety-related' recalls on current model Fiat Ducatos/Peugeot Boxers. You can obtain details of these via the VOSA website. See:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13289&posts=6

There will also have been 'improvement' recalls (like addressing the under-bonnet water ingress problem) that won't show on the VOSA site, but will (should?!) be addressed by Peugeot dealers, either following a customer complaint or during a scheduled service.

The coolant-pipe recall has been mentioned on this forum before. These are a couple of earlier references (there may well be others):

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13873&posts=12

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11565&posts=10

Software revisions downloaded to modern vehicles' on-board computer systems are commonplace nowadays. It's nothing to become concerned about, though it's sensible for owners to check that, after the down-load has been performed, the vehicle's behaviour hasn't been adversely affected.

As Rocles says, Peugeot is using a software download as one measure to counter juddering-while-reversing problems with Boxers and it's likely that this software revision will be applied to all relevant vehicles irrespective of whether or not they exhibit the juddering defect.

If you read the first of the threads that Derreck posted, there's an explanation there that I posted a while ago. Get the recall done...otherwise you could end up stranded on the roadside with an overheating engine like we were (indeed I hate to think of the consequence if we couldn't have found somewhere to pull over).

My Compass Suntor 115 Peugeot had its 1st 2 year service 9th December which also included the download this being the second download since purchased 2 years ago which also gave us better mpg Peugeot also fitted an engine cover FOC under warranty cost of full service £170 which I though was reasonable for the size of vehicle. The previous recall last summer was for checks to steering /  transmission / water trap and drain off piping and engine download , Compass have also added a black graphic strip under warranty to fix to scuttle and windscreen to help reduce the water ingress behind the scuttle.

Archived