The Euro 1.019 to the £1.00

libby

Curly - 2009-01-05 5:44 PM

Hi all off to Potugal Wednesday so did the business and exchanged to Euros.

I got 1.984E to the £, yes I jest not I actually had this exchange rate but let me explain before, as you all get up off the floor, and call me a bl.........dy liar.

I was quoted 1.03E to the £ which was reasonable compared to the last few days when it hit 1 for 1 but get this, dont ask why they could not give an answer, but for another £2.52 I had another 5E getting on this small amount 1.984E to the £, I know it doesnt make sense to me either but there we have it.

*-) *-)

:-> :->

Where is this "free" money available from then Graham??

Form an orderly queue behind me you lot

Martyn :D

If you change 5000+ gbp to euros you get a higher rate, which is what we always do when we need to change any money then we put any surplus in our account over there which covers payment of taxes,water and elec to our property, if I need to change a small amount of pounds to euros when i go and visit family i use the banks over there as they give a better rate usually than the british banks

Hi All,

Just left Algarve,sick of rain.

First time we have wintered here,I was surprised at the lack of people on holiday in the hotel areas and the villa estates where ghost towns in the western end of the Algarve where we stayed.

I am a lover of the ACSI book and the campsite we stayed on has dropped out of the book for 2009 and raised their prices above the ACSI rate.

In Spain now west of Sevilla on another ACSI site and the 14euros of 2008 is now 15euros.Both sites are holding CCC rallies and if not for there presence would be quiet empty.

If the rate of exchange stays so badly these sites will have a bad 2009/2010 winter as we only get burnt once.

And the weather is not good.

bob M

Hi, Curly

Can you explain a bit more, the amount you changed and where you changed as I am sure it would help others

Thanks

Braunston

Curly - 2009-01-05 5:44 PM

Hi all off to Potugal Wednesday so did the business and exchanged to Euros.

I got 1.984E to the £, yes I jest not I actually had this exchange rate but let me explain before, as you all get up off the floor, and call me a bl.........dy liar.

I was quoted 1.03E to the £ which was reasonable compared to the last few days when it hit 1 for 1 but get this, dont ask why they could not give an answer, but for another £2.52 I had another 5E getting on this small amount 1.984E to the £, I know it doesnt make sense to me either but there we have it.

*-) *-)

:-> :->

Remember that if you can stand to book ahead the Caravan Club are holding their campsite bookings at 1.30 euro's to the pound. They also charge a £25 booking fee despite this there are good savings to be made if you are this way inclined.

Remember that if you can stand to book ahead the Caravan Club are holding their campsite bookings at 1.30 euro's to the pound. They also charge a £25 booking fee but despite this there are good savings to be made if you are this way inclined.

Archived