Lpg v Diesel

Tonysmith

Hi Tony my 8.1 has an LPG conversion and after 39,000 miles its still going strong. :-D I believe GM warrant it on LPG. Not sure but I think Ford do as well with the latest V10 6.8

If you get the latest multipoint system, you will lose only about 10% MPG compared to petrol.

Olley

Hi tony, maybe slightly optimistic, but will depend on the weight. Mine goes 8.75tons on the weighbridge

I get around 9.5mpg on petrol and 6.5 on LPG, but I have an older gas conversion using a gas carb, so I would think 8 ish with the modern multipoint conversion should be possible.

Liquid LPG injection is the new kid on the block, but won't I think be available for a few years yet. MPG is suppose to be within a few percent of Petrol using this system.

Diesel sounds about right at around 15mpg. Jim on Rvfulltiming.co.uk gets around 15mpg on his 8.5ton GB pusher. Be aware that most of the shorter length diesels RV's (30') are FRED's, and can be quite noisy.

John on the same site has just had his 7.5 chevy converted to LPG, and is well pleased with the results.

Olley

Archived