How many nights per annum?

LordThornber

Martyn don't think that you're sad as you asked this info. I have found it very interesting to hear that there are other full time workers who use their motorhome like we do - as often as possible. (24 trips last year mixture of weekends and holidays)

Many people we know who have motorhomes have invested in very expensive garden ornaments and use them seldom, and wonder why things go wrong when they do use them. Do they not realise that their base vehicle is no more than a commercial base which is a work-horse that should be regularly used.

Wishing everyone a happy safe motorhoming new year, preferably with more nights away than last year!

Martyn

Did not keep a full countbut as follows, Me working Angie "resting" although time taken up with volountry work most week days (must learn how to spell one day)

Last Christmas 4 nights, pub CL

Easter 11 nights Scotland, a mixture of work and play

June/July 27 nights, Calais/Belguim/Luxenburg/Germany/Austria/Italy as far as Rome/France on way home

Sept 10 night France

Plus every Bank Holiday weekend Friday lunch til Tuesday morning and probaly around another 10 weekends in local CL's from Friday lunch til Sunday lunch, we parked the bus up at the end of November as we are part of a music hall group that are putting on shows for charity until mid Feb, but I rekcon around 75/80 night will be about right

Geof

Martyn we spent 101 nights away. This included a couple of months ( on and off ) part season pitch at Troutbeck in the Lake District in November and December. As we were only 90 mins from home we took the car too so we could get down the narrow roads and passes. All spent in the UK and Southern Ireland.

We are both retired. When away we spend our time walking, photography, visiting gardens, visiting stately homes and generally sight seeing.

Hi Martyn, Sadly only about 15 for me despite hoping to get away every weekend .... it didn't work out that way. BUT, and these were soooooo important to me, I DID manage endless days out that gave me relief from trouble at home. It was lovely to drive to the countryside or to the sea front and just park up with a lovely cup of coffee, a good book, and food at the ready. Even driving home at night with the cd player low was like winning the lottery. I just LOVE my van to bits. :-D

Hi Joy,

I was going to say you had beaten us to the wooden spoon (your 15 against our 18) but then realised that Colin has well and truly beaten both of us!

So Congratulations to Colin on winning the 2008 MMM Wooden spoon!

Keith.

(PS Only intended as a bit of fun and hopefully no one takes offence!).

Guest Tracker

With so much going on in our lives in 2008, we too only managed about 70 nights away of which about 45 were abroad of which about 10 were on aires or similar and 2 on a site.

Of the 25 UK based nights away about 10 were at various shows and 2 on caravan sites, about 6 at CCC non bookable rallies and the rest 'off site'.

Must do better for 2009 with more nights abroad and less nights on sites!

Morocco in February should be a good start!

It's not until you count up that you realise how much time and fun you've had. A total of 66 nights in our first year motorhoming. Visited new areas (to me) in this country and also France and Spain staying on Aires but mainly camp sites.

A good question Martyn, made me reflect a bit and got the thought juices flowing for plannin next year.

We're both in full time employment but now don't have to worry about the youngsters.

Must try harder next year

Archived