Aire at Vincennes??

Tony Jones

We've booked a ferry for the Feb half-term, and want to spend a few days in Paris.

We've e-mailed the campsite at Bois de Boulogne, but we'd rather use an Aire if possible (sorry Rupert :D !!)

A booklet we got with a French mag shows an Aire at Chennevierres-sur-Marne, but that's quite a way out.

"Jenny" (our TomTom) has the Aires POI download W2G put us onto a while ago, and shows one at Vincennes, which doesn't appear in any of the books I've got. It's apparently on the Route Dauphine, through the Bois de Vincennes.

Can anyone confirm, either by personal experience or from any other (better? more up-to-date?) books, that this Aire exists, and has parking available?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony;

I've not been personally but It's listed as an aire de stationement (parking only, no facilities) on the Campingcar infos site...

>ccinfos link<

My French isn't brilliant but someone stayed there in Aug this year and reports it as being "not exactly quiet through the night, but safe for visiting the capital", but i'd advise you double check my naff translation (lol)

Pete (lol)

Thanks for that, PJ, it's a start. I'll do a bit more research.

Trickydicky - Sometime early in '08, "Way2Go" put up a link to a website which allows you to download Aires as "POIs."

Use the Forum search facility (if it's one of the days it's working!), try entering keywords like Aire and POI, and restrict by author to Way2Go

That should do it.

Hi Tony,

We visited Vincennes last year and travelled there by RER as we had stopped at Camping Paris Est. However whilst we were visiting the 'Chateau' we noticed out the back away from the main entrance that is closest to the station there were lots of parked up motorhomes (also coaches and cars). Having read your question and now looked on Google Maps it is quite clear that this is a parking place and is at the end of the Route Dauphine nearest to the 'Chateau' on Avenue des Minimes so is possibly the one to which you refer.

So to answer your question, yes there is definately a large Aire of some sort there that is used by motorhomers to stop over (we saw that some of the French ones were camped out) however I can't say if there are any facilities as I did'nt look, but I did note it for future reference. If you look at the location on Google Maps I would suggest that it could well be noisy at peak traffic times due to it's location, though we did not notice significant traffic using those roads whilst we were there as most traffic seemed to be on the road to the front of the building, Avenue de Paris. Also the Google map picture shows motorhomes parked up in there if you zoom in close enough, the car park emptied of cars towards the evening by the way leaving the motorhomes on their own!

Hope that helps.

Bas

PS The RER is just a short walk and is also shown on the Google map that I am looking at on Avenue Lamartine, the Metro station 'Chateau de Vincennes' is just over the Avenue de Paris.

Archived