lunar roadstar 620

Guest john m

Hi we are new to mhing and have just purchased a lunar roadstar 620 after looking around countless mh's we always went back to the roadstar we know its a bit late now we pick it up on the 7th but has anyone out there got one and how do you get on with it , good or bad , we tried to get info on other sites b4 we purchased but never got a reply where are all the 620 owners . regards john

Guest Roy Hamilton
Hi John M. You don't seem to be getting much response, I am surprised. I have a Roadstar 720 02 reg puchased 12 months ago, that is the model before they started using the Alko chassis. You don't say whether yours is new or not but as a general comment to you I find mine very good, looking around sales places as we always do I find it very difficult to see a better option. Only one main fault was that the AES fridge freezer packed up while in France last May. A fridge repair firm failed miserably to repair it and I traced the fault to the 12v lead from the battery that had fallen out of its clip and was chaffed through on the alternator belt/pulley. Hope that all goes well for 2006.

Guest john m
Thanks for that Roy yes you are right i dont seem to get any replies on this site or others that i have been on i was beginning to think that we heve the only 620 out there.Yes it is a new model and we cant wait to get started only 5 days to go , we hope to be down in spain this time next year God willing,,cheers

Hi John I too own a Roadstar 720 purchased in 2003, had nothing but problems, one is about to be fixed in the near future having first reported it Jan 2005. I would never have another!!!!

Guest john m
oh dear foxy not what i really wanted to hear sorry you had so much trouble , i did notice that the Lunar thread seems to have more complaints than the others doesnt fill me with confidence..cheers

John We are on our first van bought brand new in April 2002. It is an Autotrail who supposedly have a good reputation but boy did we have trouble. The best advice I can give is do not set your hopes too high[as first timers tend to do]. You will have problems everybody does, so expect them to happen and if they don't or not as many as you fear, then its a bonus. I have learn't the lesson, the honeymoon is over, but my love for motorhoming is as strong as ever.

Archived