Roof Rack and Rear ladder for my coachbuilt ???

pgh

I agree do you really need a roof rack, I saw a man fall off a van roof in Spain, it wasn't even his van, he was up on the roof of his friends van getting something down for them because they couldn't get up there themselves, he broke both his ankles and was in agony. Each to his own but be careful up there. *-) *-)

Don't forget the extra weight that a roof rack and ladder will add - I assume you have calculated this in to your payload to make sure that you have enough left over for the weight of the items you want to carry on the roof?

On a web search (using the phrase "roof rack ladder motorhome"), Towtal come up as offering what you appear to be wanting.

Towtal

There are a few others as well.

Yes, I agree. Roof racks a waste of time. Climbing up and down to get at our folding bikes in the top box weakened the fittings, leading to water ingress.

Bikes now mounted on Fiamma rack and I'm getting the rack/ladder removed at the next service!!!

(lunar Roadstar 630)

We had a roof rack and ladder on our Rapido 709, we did put a top box up there but got fed up of having to go up and down to get bits and pieces out and it certainly caused drag when travelling. Took it off and flogged it.

We haven't got a roof rack/ladder on our current van and I haven't missed it at all except ... for getting up there to take photos from!!! :D

Archived