Alde Heating - Over Cab Bed Freezing!

747 Captain

Just spent a few nights shivering in "Burneys" over cab....noticed that the heating system might need a bleed.

Turned the bleed valves to see if any air was released but all seemed fine?

Any suggestions?

Is there an easy way to do this or is it just follow the instruction on the Alde site?

We had a problem with our alde, some of the radiators not getting hot. While back at the manufacturers they sorted it out. The French speaking eng' could only gesture. He was squeezing the pipe to the left of the pump. Like he was priming it. The water in the reservoir did drop a little but has been OK since.

I'm guessing you've got a Burstner A-747, but I think that model has been around for a while.

I recall reading that earlier, more complex, Alde heating systems had lots of bleed-points and that getting all the air out (and keeping it out) could be a challenging task. I understand that the number of bleed-points is dramatically reduced on more modern Alde systems.

I don't know of any Wizard Wheeze to remove air from an Alde system, so it looks like you'll need to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Thanks for that....was hoping for a quick fix.

Yeah there's a tonne of Bled valves...at every radiator I can see so far as well as all the under floor ones.

I might just try the local Alde service engineer next week to see what the charge for a service and hence bleed as well will be.

Archived