Worse than the Gaza Strip

nightrider

A friend of mine told me about this group so i checked it out and thought yes, might find out something useful regarding motorhoming.

Little did i realise that it is akin to the Gaza Strip, i'm fully expecting a helicopter gunship to be hovering over my house, you can't say boo to a goose without being attacked from every quarter, I keep having to duck to avoid the bullets and flak, going to the army surplus shop tomorrow to by myself a tin hat.

Little did i realise that it is akin to the Gaza Strip, i'm fully expecting a helicopter gunship to be hovering over my house, you can't say boo to a goose without being attacked from every quarter, I keep having to duck to avoid the bullets and flak, going to the army surplus shop tomorrow to by myself a tin hat.

-----

What a totally repugnant comparison. Try making it to the families of those killed on both sides of the conflict.

parkmoy - 2009-01-07 8:35 AM

-----

What a totally repugnant comparison. Try making it to the families of those killed on both sides of the conflict.

Parkmoy,

See what I mean.

Parkmoy,

So according to your logic has any conflict or warlike activity past, present or future to be avoided or looked upon as a taboo subject?

Do you take every written word in a situation such as this as being Gospel? do you think that what I said was to be taken literally?

You ought to join ranks with another snapper on this forum, you would make a pair together. No names mentioned.

knight of the road - 2009-01-07 4:00 AM

A friend of mine told me about this group so i checked it out and thought yes, might find out something useful regarding motorhoming.

Easier to move out of than the Gaza strip surely??

The old sayings "if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen" or even "the devil makes work for idle hands" come to mind >:-(

catinou - 2009-01-07 11:12 AM

Easier to move out of than the Gaza strip surely??

The old sayings "if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen" or even "the devil makes work for idle hands" come to mind >:-(

catinou,

So what are you suggesting then? to satisfy your small mind quit the group? if everyone on this group who recieves a bit of a dig was to quit there would be no group would there.

J9withdogs - 2009-01-07 12:25 PM

For Heaven's sake, Malcolm, you are not helping yourself to make friends on here, are you?

Sorry, sincere apologies given for any offence caused, hopefully they are accepted, can't do anymore than that apart from watching what I say in future.

It's clear to me and doubtless many others on here that some folk enter onto or start threads purely to satisfy their own needs.

By that I mean satisfying any of the following - being helpful, difficult, argumentative, considerate, obtuse.

They're all in there. It's what makes us tick.

I urge you to consider this for a minute though. How do you like to be perceived? Me, well I couldn't think of anything worse than being viewed in a negative light.

To highlight this, a recent PM from someone who has never met me, (and probably never will), contained these words, "everyone knows you're one of the good guys on here".

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like a smug so and so but it's words like that, that for me show how I get my messages across on here.

Respectfully and how I too like to be treated.

Martyn

We've got a WW2 British tin helmet if you need it, hubby used to wear it when riding our trike. :D

donna miller - 2009-01-07 3:19 PM

We've got a WW2 British tin helmet if you need it, hubby used to wear it when riding our trike. :D

Donna,

Dare I make the situation worse by asking has anyone got one of those world war two German coal scuttle helmets, watch for some irate posts coming in now from 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells'

So according to your logic has any conflict or warlike activity past, present or future to be avoided or looked upon as a taboo subject?

Do you take every written word in a situation such as this as being Gospel? do you think that what I said was to be taken literally?

You ought to join ranks with another snapper on this forum, you would make a pair together. No names mentioned.

Whether you meant it literally or not, you wrote it. If you really can't see how inappropriate your comments were I feel sorry for you.

And no, I was not 'snapping' at you or trying to start an argument, merely expressing my disgust.

The content of your postings show an opinion on almost everything but knowledge of very little.

Perhaps you should change your pen name to 'Delusions of Grandeur'.

parkmoy,

You have had your say now let me have mine, you will have noticed in a couple of earlier posts where I held my hands up and admitted to making a boo boo, I also posted an unconditional apology to whoever may have been offended fortunately not all were offended.

If that is not acceptable to you then there is nothing more that I can do.

Are all your postings knowledgable, correct and proper? I dont think so, if this explanation is not good enough for you then I suggest you PM me, I have given an undertaking not to become embroiled in any slanging matches, you either accept or decline this post, but I think most members will get the gist of what I am saying.

Because you quoted J9's comment in your post I wrongly assumed you were apologizing to her alone and didn't realize you were referring to your original post.

Had I realized this I would not have continued to post on the subject. Thank you for the apology and please accept mine for the misunderstanding.

parkmoy - 2009-01-07 6:40 PM

Because you quoted J9's comment in your post I wrongly assumed you were apologizing to her alone and didn't realize you were referring to your original post.

Had I realized this I would not have continued to post on the subject. Thank you for the apology and please accept mine for the misunderstanding.

Parkmoy,

Thank you, you are an officer and a gentleman.

knight of the road - 2009-01-07 9:34 AM

Could I suggest that this type of 'dig' doesn't help on any posting? I think there are lots of us little snappers on here .... depending on who's corns are inadvertently jumped on it can make any of us little nippers at times! I must get some steel-toed boots!!!*-)

I might be a crocodile ... or an aligator .... or a turtle ..... or maybe a snap dragon! :D Or maybe just a happy snapper!!! :->

Guest JudgeMental
parkmoy - 2009-01-07 4:57 PM

Whether you meant it literally or not, you wrote it. If you really can't see how inappropriate your comments were I feel sorry for you.

And no, I was not 'snapping' at you or trying to start an argument, merely expressing my disgust.

The content of your postings show an opinion on almost everything but knowledge of very little.

Perhaps you should change your pen name to 'Delusions of Grandeur'.

I have to agree ....What an awful man! No understanding, let alone pity *-)

Archived