if anyones in the market for a new vehicle.

chatterdog

" British Car Auction ( BCA ) "are holding a HUGH LEISURE VEHICLE & ACCESSORY end of season clearance auction. at 10am 17 January 2009 at DISCOVERY CHORLEY.

Over 150 Vehicles available including new & used caravans, motorhomes, folding campers, trailer tents, awnings & accessories, including some lots with no reserve.

Guest JudgeMental
chatterdog - 2009-01-09 11:49 AM

" British Car Auction ( BCA ) "are holding a HUGH LEISURE VEHICLE & ACCESSORY end of season clearance auction. at 10am 17 January 2009 at DISCOVERY CHORLEY.

Over 150 Vehicles available including new & used caravans, motorhomes, folding campers, trailer tents, awnings & accessories, including some lots with no reserve.

Interesting......could well be some bargains as long as you don't get carried away with the auction excitement as inexperienced people tend to do :-D

I agree there! If you are thinking of buying at auction i would recommend going to half a dozen without actually bidding, and see what the dealers are paying.

You also have to be able to recognise other private buyers, as if there are too many they will push the price up (the dealers will walk away) In general, the average price would be half what it would retail for. So you really have to know your figures and what you are doing!

I don't want to deminish anyones hopes of getting a cheep new Motorhome but there was a supplement in December 08's Caravan Club magazine relating to these sales starting then.

Quotes of up to £6,445 off a new Caravan.

Clothing; £5 of here, £20 of there.

Tents save 40 to 50%.

Save 50 to 77% of homewear.

20% of awnings.

Save over £7000 on holiday homes.

So whether their giving more off at an Auction, who knows.

Happy spending,

Gordon...

Archived