CAMPING CHEQUE

Guest Wilf Nicholson

Guest Wilf Nicholson
After using camping cheques for several years I now find they are becoming a little greedy. In 2005 we were refused stays on some sites becuase we were paying with the cheques. The owners excuse was that the amount they received was not worth the hastle but if they were slack then they would accept them.I was also told that in order to increase site fees in 2006 a lot of sites would be adding a surcharge to camping cheque nights in order to make them viable. When I received the new camping cheque brochure this was confirmed.They are now not as tempting as they were 2 years ago. I had a long talk to a camping cheque director at Birmingham NEC IN 2005.I had a long chat with a camping cheque director & the caravan club regarding not been allowed to stay on some sites with camping cheques.They were very very concerned and promised to look into the matter. In fact after my 4 e.mails to camping cheque they still have not replied.The caravan club I didnt expect to bother as they are so much geared to milk members rather than help them. Anyone else had problems with Camping Cheques???

Had no problems with Camping Cheque We have has some complaints about the one and oly site we have booked through The Caravan Club The site "De Hooge Bijsell" Nr Harderwick in Holland We arrived mid week in MAY 2005 The Chemical emptying point was coated with dead flies - it remained like that until the Friday, when the regulars came for the weekend The site was advertised as having a "Modern Toilet Block" Well yes it had: About 300 yards from the camping area by the marina and resteraunt. hose near to the camping sites were well below the standards that we used to get in the 1950's They were well below the standards of other sites we have visited including farm sites any where in €urope A letter to Caravan Club was relpied to:- The matter would be looked into when the "next annual inspection was due in Early 2006" After receiving such a complaint I would have expected them to make a snap inspection

"After receiving such a complaint I would have expected them to make a snap inspection" - that is a snap inspection by the cc from a complaint raised by a motorhomer ;-P we use ACSI- don't have to pay upfront, and never had any problems - except one site was poor imo.

That is what I expected to hear - ja When we were in business we checked out (and dealt with) complaints immediately In my report to CC I told them that if this had been my first experience of camping then I probably would have given it up So far we have no plans to book with the CC again

Some sites using Camping Cheques last year used to charge extra for larger pitches (Villaggio del Fiori San Remo Italy) and for lake side pitches (San Francesco Desenzano Italy) but both are still good value and the higher charges were mentioned in last years CC book. We stayed at Bella Italia Pesceira on Lake Garda with no problems and if you stay for over 7 nights you get one night free so even better value. We also stayed at Domaine Du Columbier Frejus and CM du Pont d'Avignon with no problems. Like most systems there will be some problem areas with site owners but with so many sites listed and such good choice they are still good value for money and useful to keep costs under control. The fact that they now last for two years makes them even better for choice as there is no need to make sure they are used up each year.

Archived