Replacement sink cover

WigBilly

Was in the process of battening down the hatches in my Burstner Delphin T695 prior to setting off on Boxing Day when a jar of peanut butter fell from a cupboard above the sink, completely shattering the melamine sink cover as a result. This is the second time misfortune has befallen it, however this time there are too many broken pieces to get busy with the superglue, so I've been seeking out a replacement. Burstner have already quoted me an absurd £78, but seeing as the original seemed impractically brittle, I'd be loath to shell out more than half that much - has anyone any pointers to third party suppliers?? Measurements are 38.5cms diameter & 5mm thick...ta muchly!

I made one for my sink from plywood. I found that if it was cut oversize, half the ply could be cut away fairly easily round the edge to form a lip to stop it slipping off. A dollop of varnish and hey presto. 2 brownie points from herself.

Stuart

Guest Tracker

All of these loose fitting sink covers are potentially very dangerous in the event of really violent braking and even more so in the event of a collision when they will continue their forward momentum at just a little less that the velocity at which the collision took place - but only until they hit something soft and easily damaged by a high velocity flying saucer - like the driver or passenger!

Apart from that they are a pain to store when the kitchen is in use and they are not man enough to be used as a chopping board without causing unsightly damage to them - so we leave ours at home and carry chopping boards securely fixed in a cupboard!

Archived