Calor Gas Survey

Guest Brian Ramsden

Guest Brian Ramsden
I have just become aware, through the magazine,of this survey (been abroad) and I thought there may be other s out there who aren't aware of it. It seems that Calor are considering whether it is worth their while to dip into the Continental market for gas. If plenty of people complete the survey, this just might encourage them to do something which was useful for us. The web address is www.caravanning-online.co.uk/survey/refilcyl.htm Brian

Guest Brian Kirby
This is only getting excited about if Calor intend selling their gas outside UK at the same price as gas is generally available outside the UK. If all they intend is to sell their gas abroad at UK prices, to UK residents who happen also to be abroad I'd say buy a foreign gas bottle (provided it'll fit your locker) as the UK price seems vastly higher and Calor's pricing policy on the bottles is outrageous compared, for example, to France. Brian

Guest Brian Ramsden
From the title of the survey - "refillable cylinders" - it sems that they may be having to re-think their opposition to these. That would be useful. Brian

In fact Calor is not British owned. I quote: "Calor is part of a Dutch privately owned group of companies, SHV Nederland NV (“SHV”) being the ultimate holding company. Calor’s business is an important part of SHV’s Gas Division which includes other LPG suppliers operating in 23 countries including Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Brazil, China and Turkey." So your supplier abroad may well be the same ultimate company!

Archived